Good Path vs. Evil Path

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
lord midnight

Good Path vs. Evil Path

Post by lord midnight »

Well, my first character has maxed this version, great gear, all dungeons and quests at their furthest point or completed if able.

Now Im going to make an 'Evil' character, who will side with Vacor and do dastardly stuff wherever possible. I will detail said 'Dark Path' of Andor's Trail here. :twisted:
AND/OR's ...
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Good Path vs. Evil Path

Post by oskarwiksten »

Hey LM, nice to hear that you want to try another character type.

Actually, I'm glad you bring this subject up, since this is something that I'm planning as a path through the whole game so that it fits with such a character. The v0.6.8 update will bring a lot of those options with the updated conversation interface, and the extended dialogue. Hope you'll like it!

/Oskar
/Oskar
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I'm considering going with Vacor with second character also, just to see what happens. But what other real choices are there that still allow you to complete quests? Not tell Leta you found her lazy hubby?
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
TheHappyJ

Post by TheHappyJ »

I'm brand-new to the game (one week) but some thoughts:

There's plenty of space for texture, and Leta has little to do with it. More than a good/evil axis, a church/gov't axis exists. perhaps Oromir is a lazy bum, and perhaps Leta is a shrew. But there are much bigger fish to fry:

Foaming Flask:
The devs clearly intend consequences to actions. Otherwise, what would be the point of offering to stand guard and be lying or not? Once time starts elapsing, we will have the choice of being there or not. If not, done (possible negative gov't effect when the guard reveals you as an accomplice while trying to keep his job). If there, do we see the people of Vilehaven outing a spy, revealing corruption, acting to support a coup? Do we discover evidence of an attempt at a theocracy, perhaps no better the the crown? If the church shows strong evidence of wickedness, is it so bad that Vacor wants to weaken Shadow?
Vacor:
Besides choosing Vacor or Unzel, a fairly wicked fellow could choose to kill Vacor, loot the body for the reward and the four pieces(he should have it on him), return to Unzel, get the XP and cash, then backstab him and initiate a new quest to discover the power of the rift spell yourself. A church-committed person would still loot Vacor for the pieces rather then leaving them for anyone to find and give them to a priest for safekeeping... or perhaps consult the Church first, contact the four "theives" and initiate a quest to act as a go-between, collecting the four pieces and taking them to four different churches.
Rinzel:
once timelines start, one could kill the brigand, bury him with Rinzel and replace him to complete the contraband deal.
Crown-comitted:
You could reveal the location of the thieves' Guild, warn the Foaming Flask Guard and set a trap, and include the Guards in the Rinzel plotline, playing center stage in a smuggler's sting
At this point, maybe I'm in the wrong topic... I'll check the dev's threads.

-J
Drizzt001

Post by Drizzt001 »

@thehappyj:

I love your ideas! Hopefully the Devs will seriously consider them.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Indeed very interesting ideas...
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I also have 2 separate games going, one siding with Vacor and the other with Unzel, just to see what happens for each choice.
But at HappyJ already mentioned, its possible that Vacor isn't really evil, besides the "evil wizard" look he's sporting.

There's a few NPCs that don't seem too fond of the Shadow, so its hard to say (there's that lady with a statue who believes in a goddess of light that protects her from the shadow, and some of the guards).

Also, I just want to see if anything different happens with the rift being opened.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
desmondageratte

Post by desmondageratte »

hmmm... if I follow vacor's path and kill the other guy, what items will I get? vacor's boot is good so maybe the other guy will drop something awesome too?
Kim

Post by Kim »

See this http://andors.techby2guys.com/viewtopic ... 2054#p2054 for answer about the items.
LVL 58|XP 3607866|GOLD 119249|HP 159|AP 6|AC 199|AD 35-45|CC 10|CM 0|BC 100|DR 12|
HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2.1 |Rocks 3526|RoLS 0|Update 2013/10/19|