v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Directory (fan page)

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Richard Faila
VIP
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Page Andor's Trail Directory is complete

Post by Richard Faila »

Sarumar wrote: hmm.. now i understand how your map works...
Perhaps you should give some hint about how it works for stupid (only there whit phone) users like me :-)
Now I don't really know what you mean. I would be happy to explain everything what is in my humble skill set, but I need some little more specific question.

Basically my map work pretty much the same way that in-game map in AT and I am limited whit that. There is a file "worldmap.xml" and in that file are list of segments. Each segment is an areamap, worldmap is for example just one of segment, PW cave is another etc... There is a list of maps within each segment with size and position.

When you hit a map button in game, it look in worldmap.xml file and if map you are currently in are in some segment, it show the areamap, if it is not there it just show a message "Map cannot be displayed from this location".

The indoors can be part of segment (if there are big enough like bw settlement), or for most of time there are not presented even in worldmap segment (because that will mean that map will be draw as part of world), so here come the message mentioned above.

Ask for more if this is not enough :D.
I created Andor's Trail Directory at http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/ fan page about AT.
Firesoldier
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Firesoldier »

Really great work, but the persons/monsters are often on a wrong place, but besides that it's really great :)
Lvl: 91, XP: 13993837, Gold: 265318, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1
HP: 306, AC: 359%, AD: 39-43, AP: 3, ECC: 35%, CM: 7.5, BC: 115%, DR: 2
Richard Faila
VIP

Post by Richard Faila »

Firesoldier wrote:Really great work, but the persons/monsters are often on a wrong place, but besides that it's really great :)
Try it now :D. Costs me 5 hours of time that I don't have, but I finally work it out most of the problems.

From now NPC and monsters respect walkable area, there are more of them (more close to actual count) and every spawn area (area where monsters usually are) is populated. Plus some work to highlighting object in the page.
I created Andor's Trail Directory at http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/ fan page about AT.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

It is impressive.
You really created something crazy.
I guess that's one of the strengths of having an open-source game : others can programatically exploit the contents.

I hope you'll keep maintaining it.

I just thought of a new suggestion : make it version-aware ! Like, download the snapshots for each future version, and allow the user to see the data for a given version, default being the latest. What about that ?
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Richard Faila
VIP

Post by Richard Faila »

Zukero wrote: I just thought of a new suggestion : make it version-aware ! Like, download the snapshots for each future version, and allow the user to see the data for a given version, default being the latest. What about that ?
I thing that I understand, and maybe I see the way how to do it (in background). But I don't really know how it should be visualize. Like you could pick a version on welcome page and from that point you see all in that version, or in every item (equipment, quest, etc...) there will be a number of version?

And it is really good idea to show how it will be (and maybe be wrong) instead of how it is right now in stable version? I mean I surely make update, when new stable version arrived, but then I see no point to show how it was... Can you make some examples?
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I think you can make it this way :

- By default, show the current stable version.
- Add a top level option (ITEMS - NPC - [...] - MAP - VERSIONS)
- On the version page, we can select past and current stable versions,
- and eventually a recent dev (alpha) version (more work for you).
- If we select something else than current stable version, we are redirected to http://[your site]/[version number]/index.html or whatever way you do it server-side.

One usage for past versions could be to see how much AT evolves from version to version (you'll become the historian of the AT world !). Or for users having older versions that do not wish do update AT (or can't, or maybe just not yet because they want to do something before).

Edit : Or you can start ignoring me right now ! I'm a feature-freak :twisted: ! You'll end up having a larger database than eBay if you keep listening to me ! AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgh. :o
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

If I missed this I'm sorry, but the interactive part doesn't seem to work from my pc. For example, when I click on 'Agthor' in the NPC and Merchant list from my phone, it opens up and shows what he sells. But when I click on his name when viewing from my pc, nothing happens.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

What operating system, browser, and browser addons are you using? I tested using Win7Pro x32 with Chrome 29.x, Firefox 22.x and 23.x, and IE 10. I had AdBlock Plus and a few others active in Chrome and nothing but a password manager addon active in Fx and IE. The functionality you described "click on Agthor in the NPC and Merchant list" worked fine in every test case.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Richard Faila
VIP

Post by Richard Faila »

Duke wrote:If I missed this I'm sorry, but the interactive part doesn't seem to work from my pc. For example, when I click on 'Agthor' in the NPC and Merchant list from my phone, it opens up and shows what he sells. But when I click on his name when viewing from my pc, nothing happens.
I guess that you are using IE (Internet Explorer) on your PC. There was a glitch (well actually IE doesn't support some feature witch are native to other browsers) and I was able to fix that. On my IE10 it work now, so try it on your PC. Make sure you refresh the page properly, so there are no files in browser's cache.

If you are not using IE, than I don't have any idea where the mistake is. Please stay the brand and version of your browser and I will see what I can do.
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Oh, of course. I am using IE 8 and 9. I tried fire fox, and it works fine. Sorry for not thinking of that, I have IE icompatibility ssues at work all the time. Thanks for your reply.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1