v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Game FAQ/Guide

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Game FAQ/Guide

Post by sorrow »

Or give us the ability to salt our meat. Back in the old times that's how they kept there meat from going bad. Make beef jearky

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

dragejeger wrote:Is there any advantage to sandbagging the extra 6th giant wasp wing in the devastated lands quest?
My builds are totally offensive so I prefer the troublemakers gloves over anything I have seen so far.
i know this:
If you bring six instead of five you will gain an item. One of my builds have this sixth on his backback and i have not found any other use (so faar)
good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

dragejeger wrote:
12Cory wrote:I'm in a love/hate relationship with the new way meat and bread and the other foods give you sustenance over time.

It's nice sometimes because you can keep getting health while fighting, but sometimes you truly need a quick boost of HP if someone gives a critical hit.
When I eat a well-balanced meal, I get individual benefits from the each of the components of the meal. It seems that there should be stacking by combining multiple food groups, i.e.: drink + bread + meat + veggies + fruit. This would reflect the advantages of calcium, starches, proteins, antioxidants, vitamins, etc.

EG: milk +1, plus bread +1, plus meat +2, plus carrots +1, plus strawberries +1 for a total of +6 over time. Mead could offer a +0.5 advantage. Cheers und Prost!

Eating more than one item of any particular food group could be overeating and, therefore, no stacking.
There is no refrigeration on the trail so you either take your chances with food poisoning or bring antidotes.
+1 i like this idea
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

dragejeger wrote:Is there any advantage to sandbagging the extra 6th giant wasp wing in the devastated lands quest?
My builds are totally offensive so I prefer the troublemakers gloves over anything I have seen so far.
Wootcutter's Boots if i remember correctly
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dragejeger
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by dragejeger »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I love this game. So much so that I have restarted it with a new shadow person. The new improvements are truly improvements. Version 7 is great! It was well worth the long, long, long wait. :lol:
I wish it was the boots. They are my boots of choice so far. I haven't seen anything new and improved yet. But, it is the woodcutter's gloves that I received for my 6th wing. And, they aren't even close to being as good as the troublemakers gloves. Actually, I haven't seen any gloves that are.

One of the things I find a little disappointing is that you buy the most powerful items in stores instead of earning them in battles with bosses. About the only rare item worth using (besides collectability) is the ring of lesser shadow. It seems that everything else has a better item available in stores.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

dragejeger wrote:
I wish it was the boots. They are my boots of choice so far. I haven't seen anything new and improved yet. But, it is the woodcutter's gloves that I received for my 6th wing. And, they aren't even close to being as good as the troublemakers gloves. Actually, I haven't seen any gloves that are.

One of the things I find a little disappointing is that you buy the most powerful items in stores instead of earning them in battles with bosses. About the only rare item worth using (besides collectability) is the ring of lesser shadow. It seems that everything else has a better item available in stores.
Well actually the Ring of Lesser Shadow is a Legendary item. I would have to say the Rapier of Lifesteal is also a fantastic weapon and i used it all the time on my last main build.
Check out these gloves, Worn Plated Gloves

Lowers AC by 4%
Raises BC by 7%
When hitting Target (on target)
20% chance of Dazed (4 rounds)

Dazed: Lowers block chance by 40%

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

anurulz
android_version: 4.0

Post by anurulz »

Pyrizzle wrote:
i wish i had known this BEFORE i bought those boots instead of catching the 6th wasp and gettin it for free... :(
MrBeefy
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by MrBeefy »

So much stuff on here, I find it hard to narrow down specifics. Is there by chance an updated list of places we can't go? Or even a list of all the places that are available now, incase I am missing something somehow. -thanks
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Here is a map that shows everything you can currently get to:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
MrBeefy
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by MrBeefy »

Thank you for the information rijackson741.