character build

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
sendokon-

character build

Post by sendokon- »

Just wondering if I should change my stats.
Lvl-19 with 50hp
Equiped:
Atk cost- 3
Atk %- 143
Dam- 15-20
Crit- 10%
Crit multi- 2
Block- 42%

Unequip:
Atk cost- 3
Atk %- 120%
Dam- 2

Should I put more point from here on into damage or do a few more levels into Atk %? Any help would be great :) I'm still going through a lot of potions with trainers and masters.
Dreia

Re: character build

Post by Dreia »

I would highly highly recommend adding more to your HP, a trainer/master can hit you for up to 32 points in a single round (dual 18 crits) and trust me this has happened to me several times. as such you really should be healing yourself anytime you dip below about 30. given that and the fact that the best potion heals for 40 points the optimum HP you should have is about 70. That will allow you to maximize your potions without falling into the red zone where you can get one-shotted.

~D

EDIT: just as a side note, theoretically (I've never had it happen) a gargoyle can hit you for 60 damage. . .
Last edited by Dreia on Fri May 27, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
sendokon-

Post by sendokon- »

Great thank you for your advise!
Adamite

Post by Adamite »

I've had it happen once - not entirely sure exactly how much it hit me for as i just popped up in the house after I stepped next to it, but I believe it was 35 to 40+.

I'd recommend grinding some more levels in the south-western cave, with all the zombies, skeletons and gargoyles. It has a similar amount of experience points (possibly more?) and will yield more gold though items you can sell (potions, swords and damage rings).

As for stats, I'd chose damage until you have enough to 2-shot the Masters and Trainers (after damage absorbtion), which means your minimum damage should be of at least 23. Right now, you will rarely kill them in the first round, unless you have three lucky hits in a row, that are all close to your maximum damage. For hitpoints, I'd also recommend somewhere between 70 to 75 ... and if you havent already, complete the quest that makes you able to buy bonemeal potions, as they are much more effective and cheap, compared to regular potions.

That said, keep in mind that this is for the current "end-game", which can change after each update. Although I'm sure the stats will still be good, you never know what kind of creatures you will be fighting in the next version of Andor's Trail =)
Level: 36
RoLS: 0
Rocks: 1004

Equipped
Hitpoints: 70
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 163%
Attack Damage: 26-27 (Crit: 78-81)
Critical Hit Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: x3
Block: 35%