v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Ripped Off in Remgard

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
SuperAwesomePrem
android_version: 2.0

Re: Ripped Off in Remgard

Post by SuperAwesomePrem »

I'm sorta new to the forums but I feel I have a (sorta) good idea for the reward of helping Remgard. What if for a high enough cost the *Blackwater misery* could be removed from those items. This means ppl who sided with Blackwater and Remgard get the benifit or ppl who just killed the monsters and got the items do. Seems pretty good. And only armour btw. A poisoned 45 AC quickatrike dagger with no BC debuf is just too OP
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

With 2 Combat Speed, and Flagstone Pride, later Hunter Sword, one gets in enough strikes to destroy most monsters easily. 👍
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Canuck
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Canuck »

A very old thread now, but also a reminder that shortcuts like powerful items don't always make a game more fun. I was almost embarrassed at how easy it was for my lvl ~32 character to get through to Remgard with …
… the Serpent's hauberk, the Dark protecter, the Greataxe of shattered hope, Feline gloves and shoes (unclumsified), Lord Erwyn's ring, a Superior necklace of the protector, and a non-polished Ring of the protector …
… all items easily obtainable by the late 20s, level-wise. Wiglaf barely touched a potion all the way through, and killed most monsters in 1-2 turns, presumably while stifling a yawn.

I compare that how exciting and terrifying it was getting to Remgard the first time, 6+ years ago, dodging, hiding to regenerate, hit-and-run, etc.

I'm not going to give up my character's powerful items, and I know there are new parts of the game ahead that I haven't tried and are still too difficult for Wiglaf, but also, be careful what you wish for — if a character gets too powerful too fast, some of the fun disappears. It's supposed to be an adventure, not a walkthrough.