World of AT

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

What do we name the land that harnesses the world of AT?

Southfalcon Peninsula
6%
Geta Valley
No votes
Rhowen
19%
Dhayavar (hidden meaning)
63%
Other (If so, share in post)
6%
No-name land
6%

Total votes: 16

Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: World of AT

Post by Voom »

Lol, thanks. That settles it.
Voom
SHADZ
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by SHADZ »

Fantasy world or Andor's world can be like one of them or a combination of two or three of them or none of them(which is unique):

THE 41ST MILLENNIUM, Forgotten Realms (Dungeons and Dragons, Baldur's Gate) , THE STAR WARS GALAXY, OZ(the wizard of Oz), NARNIAN World (Narnia), HYBORIA (Conan), THE BROKEN EMPIRE (Mark Lawrence novels), RANDLAND, THE MALAZAN EMPIRE, WESTEROS(Game of Thrones), All-World (Stephen King's The Dark Tower), Arborea (Tera Online), Arda or Middle Earth (J. R. R. Tolkien novels), Asgard (Marvel Comics), Azeroth (Warcraft series), The Wizarding World (Harry Potter series), Terabithia (Katherine Paterson's Bridge to Terabithia), Thieves World (stories by Robert Lynn Asprin and others),Shannara (Terry Brooks novels),Neverland (J. M. Barrie's Peter Pan novel),The Mushroom Kingdom (Nintendo's Super Mario series), Jumanji (Jumanji), Hogwarts (J.K Rowling's Harry Potter), Pandora (Avatar) and many more...

In my opinion, yes, it is right to name the world of Andor. A name which does not have any meaning or definition at first. And when we have a name already, that is the time to define that name base on what we have on Andor's world. In this way, the name we agreed can be very flexible to any meaning or definition we like to put without any problems to story-line we have now and to the future story-line.

So my suggestion for the name of Andor's world is Phlathiana. My friend suggested Norfeyland.
Tnx
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Welcome to the forums SHADZ.

With Blackwater mountain (among others) the world is not really Phlat :lol:
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Wow, that's a lot of examples of story land names. I thought 2 were enough for my intro, but you really drove that point home. I absolutely agree the World of AT should have a name. If you read the entire thread you will see that there is a the beginnings of a formation of consensus around Dhayavar despite a few critics. It has meaning that is derived from the very land it names. Thanks, SHADZ.

@Zukero Nor-Fey-land seems more realistic doesn't it? lol
Voom
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

Yeah I was thinking the same Voom but then there might be other big cities other than Nor city and feygard
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

ace wrote:Yeah I was thinking the same Voom but then there might be other big cities other than Nor city and feygard
I hope there is! But in our sphere of knowledge, not yet.
Voom
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Eh, I still like Dhayavar. It's meaning fits too perfectly. Plus, its not your average blend of words meaning 'land' and 'choice' which makes it unique. So many stories tend to come up with names based on historical concepts, that nowadays no ever asks, "how is it that this world that is NOT ours has references to our world's history?" Middle Earth is a reference to Midgard the name of our world used by the Vikings. Pandora, the name of the woman entrusted with a mythical box said to have contained Chaos itself.

BTW: SHADZ, Asgard is NOT from Marvel Comics, its the name of the world of the Aesir, the Norse gods of civility and war. Marvel used it because they made a superhero out of the viking god Thor, god of thunder who was an Aesir. Loki was the trickster god who tried to kill the other gods to take power for himself. There were also another set of Norse gods who were called the Vanir they were the gods of nature and wildlife. They came from the world Vanaheim.

When you spend as much time at Arkham as I do, you tend to read a lot of books. :lol:
Last edited by Lady Drager on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Like I said, that does it. Unless someone comes up with a better name with a better meaning, then Dhayavar will be officialized soon.

@Lady Arham, do you mean Arkham? What's Arham?
Voom
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Thanks, I hadn't noticed the typo... I corrected it.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

a place for the crazies?!

:shock: :lol: :o :lol: :mrgreen:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]