v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Sneak attack Hira'zinn

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
yok_sayilir
android_version: 8.0

Re: Sneak attack Hira'zinn

Post by yok_sayilir »

If my memory serves me correct, you can only get the potion of hightened senses from Lodar who will not sell you anything until you kil Hira'zinn. That is the reason I suggested liquid courage. Also there is superior potion of focused damage which give good AD but it will increase attack cost by 2 AP. Loweyna's foul brew and BW brew also increase attack cost.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Seems like there is an extra bit of strategy when it comes to potions. I never used anything other than bone meal and meat in late game (call me lazy).

I've been busy with college/work so I have not made any progress on this achievement, but I plan to soon. The goal is lvl 30.
Voom
Timoren
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Timoren »

Heh, first time playing this game, managed to break through to the lodars hideout with ~100bonemeal used on the way. Decided that it cant be wasted i did the quest that he gave me in hope that he will sell me some potions. That way i managed to kill Hira'zinn at lvl 31 with lame come in attack twice, flee. Repeat many times until hirazinn on ~50hp and finish it off. *dual wielding spec ie took at lvl 10xd only 1point into it, one into block and one into att chance with skills. Maxing out dmg and att chance with like twice +5hp. Light armor prof1 and longswords(one-handed ones) prof1 from charwood guys. RoLs after dropping about 120stones(cant be more lucky xd) was in my eq too. Flagstone swprd and 4ap 32%att chance 3-7dmg sword prob from crossroads house. +one elixir of courage and one potion of speed, thats all i had. I also had one point in the combat speed but it didnt really do much because i needed 2there to get one more attack xd. Was using JoF too.

Funfact - just discovered Remgard and still didnt redo charwood mines after getting shrekt there at lvl ~20 or so.
Might seem a little chaotic post but its kinda late here, and yes thats my excuse apart from just being lazy ;)
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Nice job. beating that monster at lvl 31 is not easy.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Timoren wrote:Heh, first time playing this game, managed to break through to the lodars hideout with ~100bonemeal used on the way. Decided that it cant be wasted i did the quest that he gave me in hope that he will sell me some potions. That way i managed to kill Hira'zinn at lvl 31 with lame come in attack twice, flee. Repeat many times until hirazinn on ~50hp and finish it off. *dual wielding spec ie took at lvl 10xd only 1point into it, one into block and one into att chance with skills. Maxing out dmg and att chance with like twice +5hp. Light armor prof1 and longswords(one-handed ones) prof1 from charwood guys. RoLs after dropping about 120stones(cant be more lucky xd) was in my eq too. Flagstone swprd and 4ap 32%att chance 3-7dmg sword prob from crossroads house. +one elixir of courage and one potion of speed, thats all i had. I also had one point in the combat speed but it didnt really do much because i needed 2there to get one more attack xd. Was using JoF too.

Funfact - just discovered Remgard and still didnt redo charwood mines after getting shrekt there at lvl ~20 or so.
Might seem a little chaotic post but its kinda late here, and yes thats my excuse apart from just being lazy ;)
It sounds like you have a winning strategy to accomplish this achievement. Better than anyone I know. So, do you think you could complete all the quests and defeat Hira'zinn without using hit/run tactics by level 30? I will be very interested to know if you think it is possible particularly because you have gotten closer than anyone I know of.
Voom
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

today, I'm pausing level one challenge. this is the hardest thing in this game. But I will try it with a new strategy later.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

Realize I'm resurrecting a really old topic here, but...
For those who don't know it, the Greataxe of Shattered Hope is hugely effective against the Hira'Zinn. Solid damage, and very good AC, but the real win is the triggered Fatigue.
The Hira-Zinn gets HP back every time he hits you. He also takes 2 AP to attack, and has 10, so he gets 5 attacks. Once you trigger fatigue, he drops down to 2 attacks, so his average health regained (if all his attacks hit) goes from (3.5*5)17.5 to (3.5*2)7. That sticks for 3 turns, giving you ample time to reapply too. It also really cuts down on the amount of bleeding wounds you are going to have to deal with.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

This axe sounds promising. And now combine it with the skill Taunt, and it will be hard time for Hira'zinn :mrgreen:
Nut