Andor's Trail Character, Skill and Grinding tips

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Andor's Trail Character, Skill and Grinding tips

Post by BethelAbba »

@Fatboy73:

Hey, this is the thread I was talking about --- grinding tips.

One of the things I can pass along to you which you might not have thought of ---- use "FLEE" to your advantage.

When you flee, you can start to heal again, naturally. BUT THE MONSTERS DO NOT. Any damage you've done to them, remains. So you can come back to the fight fresh and at full health, while they've already lost most of their advantage. It's a great way to tackle higher level monsters (like the troll at the bridge) and still stay alive doing so. You really need to decide at what point you're going to need to pull back. I started once I was down to 20 hit points. That way there was no surprise critical hits that started me over.

OH..... AND.... when you get back to full health, but before you go back into battle.... save. That way if you die quickly, you've not lost any great amount of progress.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I use hit an flee a lot. It can be good against mobs too. Wade in, and bash a monster until it's nearly dead. Then retreat. Once you have your HP back, attack again. If it's the same monster you beat up last time, flee immediately (don't kill it!). Otherwise, beat up another monster until it's nearly dead, then retreat again. The goal is to get as many as possible nearly dead, because unless you kill them, they will not respawn. Then you head in for the killing spree, wipe them all out, and head for the next map :mrgreen:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:30 pm I use hit an flee a lot. It can be good against mobs too. Wade in, and bash a monster until it's nearly dead. Then retreat. Once you have your HP back, attack again. If it's the same monster you beat up last time, flee immediately (don't kill it!). Otherwise, beat up another monster until it's nearly dead, then retreat again. The goal is to get as many as possible nearly dead, because unless you kill them, they will not respawn. Then you head in for the killing spree, wipe them all out, and head for the next map :mrgreen:
Oh, that's sum seriously twisty-evil..just severely wound all the mobs but don't quite kill'm until yer ready to wipe'm All out to prevent respawn!

Killer tip, thx for sharing.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
TheDarkMageborn
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by TheDarkMageborn »

:ugeek: :So, I have been playing this game off and on for quite some time. When I play, here are the skills I invest in. It's more of a tanky build with great sustain vs. Healing often with damage output. But I find myself going full ADHD tank.

LEVEL 5: Increased Fortitude
:ugeek: :As stated previously, that +1 H.P. adds up each level.

(Invest in Block Chance until 15%)

LEVEL 10: Bark Skin
:ugeek: :Picture this...
You have 10 H.P. and the enemy hits max damage of 2. You already have +1 damage resist from the weathered top clothing. Now, with Bark Skin, you take no actual damage when their attack hits!
:ugeek: :Now by the time you hit level 12 you should have 32 Base Health. You should invest your skill point in either Regeneration or Corpse Eater.
(if you want to re-heal while not in combat, such as while you run to other areas. This is great for a tanky, sustained damage build, HOWEVER!)
:ugeek: :You may invest in Regeneration or Corpse Eater. I recommend Regeration and save Corpse Eater for after completing the 5 levels in Bark Skin.
OR you may want to invest in Quick Learner if you are more interested in a speedier gameplay, but I recommend getting Quick Learner later down the road, once you complete your Bark Skin Skill.
IMPORTANT! :ugeek: :Save your next two skill points and invest in Base Combat Defence = 30% until you reach level 20.

LEVEL 20: Increased Fortitude LVL 2
LEVEL 20: Bark Skin LVL 2

:ugeek: :Continue on this way, increasing your Base Combat Defence to 45% before reaching the next available time to invest your skill point in Bark Skin. The same goes for Regeneration as well. Make sure you have the Base Health ready for the next Regeneration investment.

:ugeek: :During some point you may want to invest a free skill point into Pure Blood. Some of your future enemies will cause you to sustain some pretty heavy BLEEDING damages. Even a 10% drop in Chance is HUGE and I cannot stress this enough!

:ugeek: :Combat Speed is also important to invest in with free skill points. The Jewel of Fallhaven gives a +1 to Combat Speed as well. However, there are better necklaces out there to grab.

:ugeek: :Overall, this tanky build is practically my go-to build when creating a new character. (I lost my old phone and had no backup data on it) After all, why heal damage when you can prevent it? Am I right?

*Side Note* While I invest in Combat Defence, I only invest in it the last 5 levels before I can unlock the next level of Bark Skin. Early game I level up my Attack Damage as high as I can and I let the weapons Attack Chance pull me through. Start investing in Attack Chance after/during Flagstone Prison. Switch between Attack Chance and Attack Damage after Flagstone Prison to your liking. HOWEVER, I do recommend going...

1-10: Attack Damage (X8), Combat Defence (X2)

11-20: Attack Chance, Attack Chance, Attack Damage, Attack Damage, Attack Chance, Combat Defence (x5),

21-30: Attack Damage, Attack Chance, Attack Damage, Attack Damage, Attack Chance, Combat Defence (x5)

31-40: Attack Damage, Attack Damage, Attack Damage, Attack Damage, Attack Chance, Combat Defence (x5)

The rest is up to you decide on where you are at on the world map. You may need to substitute one Attack Damage with Attack Chance.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I'm personally not a big fan of Bark Skin. DR is (as noted) very useful early in the game because it can actually make you immune to attacks. Later on though, monsters can dish out a lot more damage, and also stick nasty conditions on you. Bark Skin does nothing to protect you against those conditions.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

Right. I prefer a higher BC (dodge) because you can lower the damage you take even more by not getting hit in the first place.

Taunt (with 2x Evasion) adds to that, because it helps you to get the 1st attack.

Another approach may be high AC+AD. That's simply for the fact that the quicker your opponent dies the less attacks will land on you.
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

I've had a good time on my most recent playthrough by investing only in AC for the first ten to fifteen or so levels. Can't progress if you can't hit anything!

So consider investing in AC, while doing starter quests and farming gold & getting a better weapon to increase AD at first.

Then invest in some AD and BC, whichever you prefer.

Never put level ups into HP!!! As others have suggested, save your first skill point for Increased Fortitude & then Regeneration.

*** details about my play style - you may or may not want to read this ***
Farm dogs, then snake caves, until you can manage Fallen Friends and Flagstone Prison.
JoF.
Go up & down Duelian Road hitting everything that drops meat - this levels you quickly and, obviously, lets you stockpile meat.
Start doing some of the harder side quests (wolf den, guard tower, ooze)

Grind RoLS for a few levels (lol) (finally got one though after playing ten years!!!!!!!)
Death Row Guy
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Death Row Guy »

When I first began to play Andor's Trail, I was new to adventure gaming. So I looked around for some advice. Some of what I found was helpful. Some not so much. It was not really "wrong", per se. Only wrong for my playing style.
There were also things which were simply wrong, period. Since I did not discover this until later, I wasted a lot of time grinding in places that were not optimal for the goal, when I could have been doing much better.
Due to this, I decided to make a methodical study of some of the places which a new player would find useful to visit. All are in the immediate vicinity of Crossglen and Falhaven, so easily accessible. New characters are always in need of both gold and experience, so if you wish to know where you can pick up the most of either, this is what you need .
I offer first an average of 3 trips, in experience, and total gold value of items obtained. This will let a quick look be informative. In the attached files, I will give a more detailed account of the sites, with amounts of coin found, items found, sale value of each, and total value, in case anyone wishes to see exactly what they can pick up at each location. (Please note that there are unique monsters and items at most sites, which would skew the overall statistics if they were included. So I skipped those, and factor in only subsequent trips. This is about the grind !)

Overview:

Irogotu's Cave: XP- 1,023 / GP- 131
Snake Cave: XP- 1,864 / GP- 584
Haunted House: XP- 1,309 / GP- 254
Church Catacombs: XP- 1,275 / GP- 625
Wolf Cave: XP- 2,821 / GP- 738

For details look at the attached screenshots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Post by tactical371 »

On the topic of gaining xp, there is a certain location that seems to give good xp. See viewtopic.php?t=7748 .