v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

is there ANY WAY whatsoever to save my current progress to another device? ;/

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Dekland
android_version: 4.2

is there ANY WAY whatsoever to save my current progress to another device? ;/

Post by Dekland »

I've got a lvl 30 toon (Dekland) and I got a new phone. Any way to switch it to that device? ( I'm guessing not since this game doesn't link to Google play,but figured I would@ least ask!

Thanks in advance
Dekland
Duvalon
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: is there ANY WAY whatsoever to save my current progress to another device? ;/

Post by Duvalon »

Yes of course. Your save game files are stored in the data folder of your device (same as pictures, music and videos) under a directory called andors-trail. You can download the savegame files to a computer with your charging USB cable and then put them on your new phone. I'd that doesn't work, you can use adb or an ftp server app.
Usirim
android_version: 8.0

Re: is there ANY WAY whatsoever to save my current progress to another device? ;/

Post by Usirim »

First install AT on the new phone, start a new game and save it! (to create the savegame directory on the new phone)
Second, send all the savegame files from your old phone via email or bluetooth to the new one.
Third, on the new phone copy the files into the andors trail savegame directory (override the previously saved game).
Done. ;)
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15
VSH: 7
WMC: 12
GoW: 6

Base values
HP: 1000
AC: 280
AD: 90
max AP: 10 (12)
BC: 180%
DR: 0
(Jun 2017)
Duvalon
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Duvalon »

You can also upload them to Google drive or Dropbox or onedrive
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Wow, if I realized this a long time ago I would still have my second character. Good tips.
Voom
Dekland
android_version: 4.2

Post by Dekland »

Thanks. Good to know. I did however start another toon alrdy that's almost lvl 30 but I changed up his stats this go round with a little more knowledge of the game mechanics. Still nice to kno it's possible ;)