v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

comparable games??

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: comparable games??

Post by Lady Drager »

If only I new code... I've got SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ideas for new games!
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Lady Drager wrote:If only I new code... I've got SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ideas for new games!
I'm afraid that's not how it works.
Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. -Poe
Voom
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Voom wrote:I'm afraid that's not how it works.
Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. -Poe
What'd ya mean? If I knew code, I'd be able to turn my ideas into actual games.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

That's just the theory, or rather, a glimpse of it.
There's no such things as knowing code. There are so many languages, technologies and APIs... so many techniques and tools...
And creating a game, especially alone, is a daunting task.

You can try to go the easy way with tools like RPG Maker, but they have limits. A lot of them.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

I've used RPG Maker for the Playstation. I had 1 & 3, never got 2. The biggest problem there was memory space. I remember I've tried RPG Maker V... something, but I couldn't understand the terms used.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

code hurts my brain... :shock:

i prefer doing the dialogue & graphics! :mrgreen:

never actually bought RPG Maker, even though i considered it many times...
seems like it had a new number on it every time too! :lol:

looked promising though.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

It wasn't bad. I only regret that I hadn't figured out a good use use for the "containers" until AFTER I lost the games and moved over 3,000 miles away from my PS2! Which is still at my friend's sister's house. I can't get it back until my friend gets out of prison in 4 years. I was building a game called Soulstone and I wanted to make it possible for you to obtain monster eggs so you can bring them to a breeder in the Combat Academy and then be able to return to the academy any time to fight these bred monsters for grinding purposes. This way, you can fight the monsters you choose to maximize the gain. Of course there would be no money or item drops, its only meant for XP and experimenting with different skills and gear in a safe environment, since its only a sparring match. After the battle your HP is restored to full and all status afflictions are removed. The XP reward is also different from that of the wild monster of the same type. It was 10% less XP to reflect that your life is not actually in danger.

[Combined duplicate posts]
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Wow, that sounds like a really fun game. Don't laugh at me but I've never heard of RPG maker. I grew up on games like Shaiya, Allods, Firefall, and other adventure RPGs but with serious competition. Eventually, my competitive spirit grew enough to drive me into MOBAs. Now I love League of Legends for PC and an Android MOBA called MOBA Legends. It has amazing mechanics, but it is fairly new.
Voom
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

don't laugh, but i played Everquest on PS2.
so i would definitely play League of Legends!

never had a PC set up for gaming though.
one of those things i never got around to...
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Are you kidding? Everquest was a big deal. I think they created new renditions of that game over and over. Honestly, it was either World of Warcraft, Everquest, or Shaiya back then. Nothing else mattered. But I still love this genre. Adventure, MOBA, shooters all culminated into one game for me: Firefall, but rough development. It's still around and kicking.
I never setup PC gaming either, I've always had to turn down the graphics. I think you know what I mean.
LoL is the bomb, even in the off-season. The strategy and skill, I just love it. What it doesn't have is adventure, but it's not necessary.
Voom