Uncertain where to go next

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Egrieve
android_version: 5.0

Uncertain where to go next

Post by Egrieve »

Howdy comrades!

First and foremost: LOVE the game and the sense of community I see in the message boards. It has motivated me to delete a few less enjoyable games off my phone as well as join the message board. I can't recommend Andor's Trail to enough people.

However, I'm feeling a little stuck in the game and have a feeling it may be due to my stats/gear combo. I was wondering if I could get some advice as to how/where to improve this? My stats are as follows:

Lvl: 19
Hp: 64
Attk Chance: 141%
Dmg: 6-19
Block: 78%
Crit: 14
Crit multi: 2
EFF Crit chance: 11%
Dmg res: 3

As far as gear I have a leather cap, polished combat ring x 2, flagstone's pride, stone cuirass, necklace of protection, strong wooden tower shield, troublemaker 's gloves, and vacor's boots of attack.

Despite carrying about 40 bone meal potions at a time, I find myself consistently dying between Blackwater and Prim, as well as in Charwood, the Ooze Cave, Lodar's maze, and the roads with all the Izthiel (I apologize, the town name escapes me at the moment.)

Please let me know if I should clarify anything, and thanks in advance for the help!
Usirim
android_version: 8.0

Re: Uncertain where to go next

Post by Usirim »

Hi Egrive,

get another armor. Stone cuirass gaves your an attack penalty of +2 AP.
Your use the flagstone pride, then the villiant leather armor should be fine.
Then bwm/prim path will be a lot more fun...

Report your experience then. ;)
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15
VSH: 7
WMC: 12
GoW: 6

Base values
HP: 1000
AC: 280
AD: 90
max AP: 10 (12)
BC: 180%
DR: 0
(Jun 2017)
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Yes, welcome Egrive! So good to have you join the community.
Yep, your armor choice is killing you. Not all things are as good as they appear. Villains leather armor will help you with crits, or get hardened leather shirt to add to DR. You've the high DR neckace, so you getting another 1 or two DR items, you can farm some good levels, and I'd do that in flagstone. Have you done the Loneford or Vilegard quests? probably hit those, and then blackwater after. Level 30 allows you to get your 2nd point in combat speed. check out the gear list, found in the forum and you'll see what is available and where and how much it will cost.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I agree with Usirim and Duke. Ditch the Stone cuirass. The high BC and DR are tempting (they are meant to be), but it's not worth it. Do not underestimate the importance of AP, and the associated costs (i.e. attack cost, move cost, etc.). Consider these example scenarios:
You don't say what your skills are, so I'll assume you don't have level 1 of Combat speed.

Currently you have only 8AP. Your attack cost is 4AP, and your move cost is 6AP. You can get two attacks per round, or you can try to flee.

Get rid of the Stone cuirass, and you have 10AP. You get two attacks per round, or one attack and a chance to flee.

Also switch the necklace to the Jewel of Fallhaven (which cuts your attack cost by 1), and you get three attacks per round, or one attack and a chance to flee.

Take the skill Combat speed 1, and also get either the Villain's leather armor or the Coward's boots (both of which cut your move cost by 1). Now you have 11AP, so you get three attacks per round, or two attacks per round and a chance to flee.

Take Combat speed 2 (not possible until level 30), and you have 12 AP. Even without the Villain's leather armor or the Coward's boots you get four attacks per round, or two attacks per round and a chance to flee.
There are also better rings available at either the crossroads guardhouse or in Vilegard, although they are not cheap.

Charwood is hard. The Green maze is the hardest of all, and you should leave it until last. First finish all the quests in Crossglen, Fallhaven, Vilegard, and Loneford.
There's a cave in the lake bed east of Loneford. It's hard. Maybe as hard as BWM, but with the Stone cuirass it's probably impossible, unless you are level 60 or so. I'll leave it to you to figure out why that is.
Do BWM next. Then head up into Izthiel land. Once you get past them, it gets harder. Much harder :evil:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Jordoo
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Jordoo »

Attack Points are most important in this game IMO. I dual wield longswords with AC4 and use the amulet to get 3 attacks per round. I need to use some skill points on Combat Speed to get to 4 per round. I did tons of grinding early on. I did the snake cave forever, then when they stopped appearing I'd hit the three screens around your starting village and kill puppies for meat. By selling meat you get all the money you need to buy the best stuff available. The XP is pretty good in the snake cave. Once you have everything you want to buy you can grind flagstone for a bit then hit Blackmountain.