v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Subsequent Character Starting guide

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Subsequent Character Starting guide

Post by Antison »

Zukero wrote:A guard's barricade sounds like a good option, but it would break the openness of the world in a way that's too artificial and common in games.
I agree 100%. The openness is one of if not the best part of this game. I would prefer to have a "blocker" within Loneford that resolves this "bug".
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Kashim wrote:Also, nice sprite, assuming it's a new boss not yet in the full version.
It's an available sprite that is not currently used. We have a lot of such sprites; I chose that one just because it was large. It wasn't intended to be a serious suggestion.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

There's that guy south of the guardhouse who's hiding from anklebiters.
Could the quest be made to trigger only, when you've talked to him?
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Mayweed wrote:There's that guy south of the guardhouse who's hiding from anklebiters.
Could the quest be made to trigger only, when you've talked to him?
Fanamor. She's not doing anything very useful right now, so involving her in some way seems like a good idea.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I like the Loneford quarantine a bit better than the road blockade, mostly because I think it fits the story better. There are plenty of places already where ways are blocked to starting characters.

A road blockade could still be applied in some new area, but it would need to fit the story. Carn Tower perhaps - very little of the story there is yet developed, so the rescue-the-hole-fixers thing could be worked in. Or even the approach to Feygard itself - just because doesn't it seem like something that uptight Lord Geomyr would do? No hole required.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Loneford could easily be blocked, by one guard on the east entrance, and one on the south entrance. Then we would need a mini-quest that results in the guards letting you through.
Antison

Post by Antison »

I just took advantage of this. Going from level 1 to level 9 in a matter of minutes. Leveled up increased Fortitude and Regeneration skills.
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

Yeah, it really powers through what I consider to be the most awful levels: those first 10 where you either a) have no damage, so it takes 10 hits to kill things, b) have no hitpoints, so stuff kills you in 3-4 hits, c) have no regeneration at all, so you have to keep running back to a bed. Doing this, I successfully hit 10, got fortitude at 5, and regeneration at 10 in under 20 minutes, with +10 AD so I could not have to worry about killing most early quests. Leaves you wanting some for AC, but you can get that much more easily from early and cheap rings and other items than AD.
It does have a downside though: you end up really hard-up for gold trying to fill out your inventory because you don't have 10 levels worth of meat coming from the snake cave. However, that same time spent in the snake cave now at level 10 yields far more gold far more easily.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

Just had a follow up idea while reading another post:
Keknazar is sitting in the bottom of the guard post not really being used by any quest at all. If we're looking for a way to close the Loneford loophole, "This crazy leper got out of Loneford and we have him locked in the basement. If you can go down there and 'deal with' him for them, then they convince the guards to let you into Loneford?
Depends on whether there is a tie-in to what type of poison it is. If Keknazar could be the result of a particularly nasty reaction to the poison, then he could be the fight that lets you into Loneford. It'd make sense too, since he's already at the guardhouse.
Another option is to just have killing Keknazar be a part of the quest somehow. Like you need some evidence about what kind of poison was used from him.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Antison

Post by Antison »

I don't like the idea of limiting access to yet another village. Currently, Loneford and Fallhaven are the only 2 villages in which you can simply walk into and be trusted or even be allowed into without doing some task.
There should be another way to accomplish the goal without preventing full access.