v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Update?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Update?

Post by Voom »

I can't wait either. The suspense...

I started work about a month ago and haven't had enough brain space for AT, but now I'm getting the hang of my new job. I work with some great people and I can see my growth path.

Anyway... I have a premature suggestion about updates, lol. After this big update, it might be wise to set a timeline for future expansions. We could have small semi-annual updates for accumulated language translations and bugs. Then annual content updates.

What are devs' thoughts on this idea? Any good? Would you need more developers to be able to make goals like this?
Voom
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Congratulations on your new job :D

We always need more developers. But I guess that was a rhetorical question, because you know that ;)

Our current thinking is that after this release we will work on big, medium, and small projects in parallel. Big projects would be like Nor City and Feygard. In fact, since they really need to be released together, that is by far the biggest project. It's Yuge, as a certain orange president would say :shock: . Medium would be something like the rebalancing we need to do (and which you know about). In addition to those, Omicronrg9 has produced some new content (a sizeable chunk, in fact; way to go :D ) which needs to be reviewed and debugged, Odin is working on something (not sure of the progress at this point), Shadow Slayer is working on some new material (also not sure of current progress), and we have some other almost finished (Arulir mountain) and semi-finished (several, Brimhaven is one example) pieces of content. Those are smaller. We want to push out more, smaller, releases using the smaller projects, while gradually tackling the medium and large projects.

That's the plan, anyway :D
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Thank you! :D

I like that plan. Releasing smaller projects while gradually working on bigger ones. And yes, the rebalancing project. I still have my notes and brainstormed equipment stat suggestions. If anyone wants them I can share them.
Voom