v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

FUNNY SITUATION *SPOILERS*

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Crazyj1981
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

FUNNY SITUATION *SPOILERS*

Post by Crazyj1981 »

Ok i reached level 41 This is my stats so far.

HP 100 (87) AP 12/3 AC 216% (120%) AD 17-28 (14)
BC 141% (45%) DR 11
Equipment is as follows HELM-Dark Protector CHEST-Seprpents Hauberk NECK-Marrowtaint WEAPON-BSS
SHIELD- Remguard Shield GLOVES-Arulir Skin RINGS- Ring of the Protector X2 FEET-Boots of the Guardian

Sometimes i switch out the marrowtaint with the necklace that has 2 DR. But i seem more effective with the marrowtaint.
Skills so far are Bark Skin-3 Combat Speed 2 Increased Fortitude 3 Regen 1 One handed sword prof 1 Shield prof 2 Light armor prof 1

Ok now to the funny situation i just found myself in. I finally got up the nerve to go through the Green Maze for the first time even went up 2 levels in there (40 and 41) so im trucking through hardly needing to uses potions until those ghosts i mean come on man they swarm you gold diggers swarm a lottery winner.....used about 100 potions to get through them all with my BC so high i didnt run from them either. So there i am trucking along slaying ghosts who by the way are already dead so now they are double dead i get to lodar and he sends me to Hira'zinn this bum let me tell you about this piece of putrid pumpkin puke. Im laying in on him only hitting for 0-2 and he is barely taking life out of me. Then out of no where my life starts dropping i look real close at my screen and i am surrounded by these bats that have a similar shade to the ground. So i probably dump about 50 potions trying to fend them off. I just give up and die i did save before the fight so i reload the game and check the forums for a strategy for this BIG BAD BOSS MULTIHEADED DRAGON LIZARD aka Hira'zinn so see there is this strategy of hit and run hit and run.....so i decided that being a pansy little rogue like would be ok this one time.....due to his healing factor of that puts me to mind of Wolverine or Deadpool mostly Deadpool i felt i was being trolled. So after 30 min of shaving off 1-2 hp at a time but mostly misses I am finally victorious he drops an armour i wont be using though later on as i level up higher way higher i might use more of those crystals to train in heavy armour. So i hightail it back to Lodar turn quest in oh and you only get 1000 yes thats right 1000 xp for the quest turn in that is kinda disappointed but the xp running up the maze i guess makes up for it. Ok so i turn the quest in and then realize there is no shortcut off this mountain of pure evil.....so this thought occurs to me i will just kill myself off and wake up in a bed at the base near vile guard......so i go down into the gloom get myself surrounded by 4 blue dabadeeblu......ghosts and die and wake up in a bed. So i get up and walk out.......I AM ALL THE WAY OVER AT THE HUT GOING TO BLACKWATER SETTLEMENT. I DID NOT SAVE AFTER THE BATTLE WITH DUGTRIO....i mean Hira'zinn...i am not going to kill him again. So i guess the treck through this place should be easy enough i may try to farm that rapier of life steal before i head back to Vileguard. There is my funny story hahahahhehehehe.:cry:
LV-72 EXP-6806269 HP-222 AC-232% BC-175% DR-13 AD-38-49,,,BS-5 CS-2 IF-5 EG-1 OHSP-1 THSP-1 SHP-2 LAP-1 FS,WS-2 MF2.
Schmmiiirc

Re: FUNNY SITUATION *SPOILERS*

Post by Schmmiiirc »

The Hirazinn is a wimp. :twisted:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5733
See the puppies scatter.
Crazyj1981

Post by Crazyj1981 »

My main problem is low attack dmg i was only getting 1-2 per round and he heals like 5 per round so he was beating by only taking like 3 or so HP per round if that he missed alot on rounds so i was basically in a stale mate lol
LV-72 EXP-6806269 HP-222 AC-232% BC-175% DR-13 AD-38-49,,,BS-5 CS-2 IF-5 EG-1 OHSP-1 THSP-1 SHP-2 LAP-1 FS,WS-2 MF2.
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Newbie »

Sad and some kind of funny story u had but I have a suggestion for your battle strategy. Most of player, development team and the developer won't like the strategy I'm going to tell you about but CHEATING is the easiest way for you to beat Hira'zinn. I DO NOT do this, right now I have enough gold to buy anything i need and atts to beat anything or anyone.
Last edited by Newbie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie|Level: 61|Exp: 4240773|HP: 161|AP: 4/12|AC: 176%|AD: 31-39|CHS: 19|CM: 2.0|ECC: 14%|BC: 65%|DR: 11| Fighting Style: W&S|Completed Quest: 48

WHEN YOU FAILS A LOT...
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

When I had a similar problem, I switched to the Greataxe of Shattered Hope. It reduced the Hira'zinn's number of attacks per round once the fatigue hit him and thus reduced the amount of life he drained out of me. Didn't require me to use the hit/run method, and you probably still have it since it got dropped in the green maze (unless you sold it, in which case you would be out of luck). It also adds a decent amount of damage, so it might help you break his insane DR threshold.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

My 10th character has just beaten up the Hirazinn, (and with the exception of my first aborted attempt) they have all succeeded without resorting to H&R, you have to get the AD up, I aim for a base AD close to 30 by the time I'm at that stage (lvl 44 in this instance) - AC & BC can be elevated sufficiently by equipment and skills to cope.

I do try different approaches but usually tackle Hirazinn with BSS, my most recent character doesn't have any one handed sword upgrades but it was still sufficient.
See the puppies scatter.
Crazyj1981

Post by Crazyj1981 »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:20 pm My 10th character has just beaten up the Hirazinn, (and with the exception of my first aborted attempt) they have all succeeded without resorting to H&R, you have to get the AD up, I aim for a base AD close to 30 by the time I'm at that stage (lvl 44 in this instance) - AC & BC can be elevated sufficiently by equipment and skills to cope.

I do try different approaches but usually tackle Hirazinn with BSS, my most recent character doesn't have any one handed sword upgrades but it was still sufficient.
Yeah I had to learn that the hard way though this is my first toon. Once I reach level 80 i am thinking about starting a new one and go strictly AC and AD and duel wield daggers like the QSD or Duel wield swords like the BSS or Flagstone and Serpent not sure what yet but when i get to this point i will research a bit more
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:20 pm My 10th character has just beaten up the Hirazinn, (and with the exception of my first aborted attempt) they have all succeeded without resorting to H&R
I'm curious, at about what levels have your characters defeated Hira'zinn?
Voom
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Voom wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:23 am
I'm curious, at about what levels have your characters defeated Hira'zinn?
I can't be precise about the exact level, but I've just checked my saved characters and I have one parked at lvl 61, one @ lvl 54, five @ lvl 50, two @ lvl 49 and two @ lvl 48 and my current character is at lvl 44.

These have all defeated Hirazinn, but bearing in mind that there's a couple more runs through the Green Maze and Hirathil caves and probably potion gathering in the Zombie pit before they were parked, at a guess they mostly did the deed a couple of levels earlier.
See the puppies scatter.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Ok, thanks. That is what I figured it would be around. Most players would defeat the Hirai'zinn in the 40's, like me.
Voom