v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Ideal level to defeat hira'zinn?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
The Gray
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Ideal level to defeat hira'zinn?

Post by The Gray »

Could someone give me an ideal level or tip to defeat hira'zinn? I haven't played this gamein a little while and I made a character and got it to level 40, and in my last character that got lost never defeated hira'zinn (I believe he was < lvl 40) and I remember it being difficult.
:D
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Ideal level to defeat hira'zinn?

Post by rijackson741 »

Hello The Gray, and welcome to the forums.

At level 40 the Hira'zinn can be defeated, but it requires strategy. I killed it at level low 40's by using hit and flee tactics, with three levels of Evasion (so a flee attempt was always successful). Others have pointed out that the most important thing to get over is its very high damage resistance of 21. If you normally do, for example, 4 hits per round at 20 AD per hit, for a maximum AD of 80, that's great against most monsters, but the Hira'zinn is completely immune. You are much better off with a weapon that gives as much damage per hit as possible, even if you have fewer hits and that's not normally how you play. Also see here for some suggestions: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5733
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Usirim
android_version: 8.0

Post by Usirim »

Around lvl 50.
I like to be a little strongrr so I did not get bonemeal-addicted ;)
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15
VSH: 7
WMC: 12
GoW: 6

Base values
HP: 1000
AC: 280
AD: 90
max AP: 10 (12)
BC: 180%
DR: 0
(Jun 2017)
The Gray

Post by The Gray »

@rijackson741 thanks for the greeting :) I love this game alot, iv played it for a while now and just got into the official website.

Thanks for the tip, I used that exact technique and I eventually got rid of the hira'zinn, thanks alot man :))
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

I have defeated it a few times now, and I've found a few methods. I usually take it out in the mid thirties, not because that's where I can defeat it, but because that's about as early as I can reasonably make it through the ghosts and maze. It's always difficult, but with this game I always push myself so that the enemies are difficult, because I'm not a fan of grinding any more than I have to.

There are strategies all over the forums for this. I'd say that trying it lower than 30 is pretty unreasonable, because of all of the really important skills you open up at that level. Not saying it can't be done, but it is pretty ridiculous even trying to hit and run below that, because you just don't have the damage.
The first thing to remember is that if you want to do a pitched fight against him (and not do hit-and-run) don't assume that his DR is 21. Assume that it is 25, because he is going to get you with the Fear, and it is likely to stay for most of the fight. By the same measure, his damage isn't 3-6, it is 7-10, because he is going to knock your DR down by 4 with the same effect. Also, if you have DR that is reasonable, most of his damage won't be from direct hits: it'll be from bleeding wounds.
The other thing to remember: More hits equals more damage for most of the game. Not the case for the Zinn. Usually, 6 hits in a round at 25-30 damage is a great character with a damage range of 150-180 per round. Against the 'Zinn, that won't even dent him. He'll cancel out 25/hit, so 150 dmg per round, and the rest he will regen over. However, fewer hits, more damage will start to take him down pretty fast. A high-damage weapon or two, even if you only get 2 swings with it, can be really what the doctor ordered. Two swings, with 40-60 damage each will take him down pretty fast, even though your per-round damage is only 80-120. This is because he is only able to resist 50 of that damage, and during the good rounds, you are socking him with 60-70 damage, which there is no prayer for him to regen over.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

I have also defeated it a few times in the early 40's. AD and Bonemeal are your best friends when it comes to this beast.
Voom
The Gray

Post by The Gray »

Thanks guys for all the tips :), I got rid of the Hira'zinn at level 40's
Shadow Slayer
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat
Location: Vacor's Hideout (Temporarily Retired)(Real Life Location, I WILL NOT TELL YOU:))

Post by Shadow Slayer »

I defeated the hiazinn on level 29 using hit and flee tactics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They called it the Shadow, and started creating a small cult around it, Only the smallest core of the cult actually knows that this power comes from the Kazaul-era dark arts...
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

really 29? or 39 like in your signature? (even this isn't easy)
Nut
Shadow Slayer
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat
Location: Vacor's Hideout (Temporarily Retired)(Real Life Location, I WILL NOT TELL YOU:))

Post by Shadow Slayer »

No, 29, Really, though it took 2-3 days :D
They called it the Shadow, and started creating a small cult around it, Only the smallest core of the cult actually knows that this power comes from the Kazaul-era dark arts...