v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Several un-attended to prospects in AT

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Several un-attended to prospects in AT

Post by BethelAbba »

I had mentioned to RIJackson that the missing people in Prim needed to be found. (As he put it... even if it's just their bones) But there are several things in that area that beg to question some attention.

#1 --- When is Blackwater settlement EVER going to get someone who sells food? The only cook there tells you to wait at a table, and then never once comes to see what you want to eat.

#2 --- Keneg, poor Keneg. Her addiction to whatever it is she's addicted to... would warrant a nicer ending. Can we help her?

#3 --- Will we EVER..... EVER.... EVER????? find out how the Blackwater Agent was able to circumvent the mountain so quickly without the attacks of the beasts? I would love to find a short cut here... to know how he did / does it.

#4 --- What about Blackwater / Prim's FUTURE? Every one of us made a choice.... to kill one or the other (or .... if we were nice... to convince them to leave...). Are we going to leave them leaderless? Is our choice ever going to make a difference? Will we ever have to face a penalty for murdering one or the other??? (I mean beyond censorship... which by the way, isn't working all that well... I can still sleep in Prim, having killed their leader.)

I'm very curious, likewise, if the mine is ever going to open up for these people. I am hoping that maybe that one (at least) will be addressed in 1.7.

Thanks for any answers forthcoming.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Several un-attended to prospects in AT

Post by rijackson741 »

Good points, but ask yourself this: would you rather have us tidy up loose ends, and make minor improvements to existing content, or add new content? Because, in general, we do not have time to do both. My to-do list for such things currently has 84 entries (although a few have been crossed off as fixed because the opportunity presented itself to fix them, so a little less than 84 in reality). That list is not even a complete list of the suggestions I agree with. It's just a list of the suggestions that I agree with that I think are the most important.

Personally, I view version 1.0, which means all major content is in place, as by far the highest priority. Then we can worry more about adjusting the content, cleaning up loose ends, etc.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Several un-attended to prospects in AT

Post by Nut »

#1 --- The only cook there tells you to wait at a table, and then never once comes to see what you want to eat
That is not too far from real life experience, I'd let it that way :lol:
#2 --- Keneg, poor Keneg
She probably travelled to often between BWM and Prim and BWM and Prim and BWM and Prim and BWM and Prim and BWM and Prim and ... :?
#3 --- Will we EVER..... EVER.... EVER????? find out how the Blackwater Agent was able to circumvent the mountain so quickly without the attacks of the beasts?
No. He is an Agent after all and doesn't reveal his secrets 8-)
#4 --- What about Blackwater / Prim's FUTURE?
I'd prefer chasing both leaders off and take the thrones myself :evil:
Nut