v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Update map

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
BWPanda

Re: Update map

Post by BWPanda »

Here's what I'd do, if you don't mind 'cheating' a little...
The easiest way to find maps is to look them up online: http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/0.7.0/map/world1.html Just change 'world1' in the URL to another map name to view it.
Unfortunately that site hasn't been updated in a while, so a lot of newer areas are missing. Also, some places don't have maps, like your home where you start the game.

So next step is to lookup the source code for the game: https://github.com/Zukero/andors-trail/ ... il/res/xml Here's where all the maps are. You can't view them graphically, but they're all here (including 'home.tmx').
So we lookup 'guynmart_wood_3_hole.tmx' and find a bunch of code. If you look through these long enough, you'll eventually work out how they're structured, and then realise that the

Code: Select all

<objectgroup name="Mapevents">
section lists the other maps that link to this one. There's only one way to get to 'guynmart_wood_3_hole', and that's from 'guynmart_wood_3'.

Since we know you've already been to 'guynmart_wood_3' (it wasn't listed as missing), check the '/andors-trail/worldmap' directory on your phone (this is where the game stores the map files you see in-game). Here you can search through the filenames to look for a specific place.
You'll find a 'guynmart_wood_3' map that should show you where to go. And look at that: there's a hole in the ground! Maybe you should explore that ;)
Hope that helps!

EDIT:
Odin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 pm never mind found it :D
Good job! Better to find them without cheating :D
Odin
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Odin »

;) Thanks anyway
Odin
Lvl:63
RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 GoLF: 1

Ivar
Lvl:26
TFTD
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by TFTD »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 pm
BWPanda wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 am Now when I run your script on my save file, it says I'm missing 'waytogalmore0' instead of 'minerhouse0'... BUT, since I haven't finished with Lodar yet (still need to fight that dragon thing), I suspect that it's actually 'shortcut_lodar4' I'm missing (as I'm also missing the other 'shortcut_lodar*' maps, but the script only lists 0-3 of them, but there's a 4th: https://github.com/Zukero/andors-trail/ ... s.xml#L716)

So maybe the script is confusing the missing map names...?
no it is a secret area the one and only secret spot in the game
Thanks for the link. I checked and in my savegame I could not find the following 3 entries:

guynmart_wood_14
blackwater_mountain5a
blackwater_mountain5c

I'm a little surprised to (not) have found 3 entries while in the stats it is saying that I visited 496 places. Any hints?
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Redue be mountain for one. And due guynmart again but did you find the secret area? Post ur save game here if u don't mind I'll play as u. I got nothing to do today
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
TFTD

Post by TFTD »

I don't know what the difference between a normal area and a secret area is.
North of the castle I've been to the little hole on the other site of the rope.
In the one big cave in the north with the Chaos Reapers I think, I have also been to the part "behind the curtain".

I can maybe send you the savegame later. But it is heavily edited because I used it for skill testing purposes.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

TFTD wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:58 pm I don't know what the difference between a normal area and a secret area is.
Nothing, except that "secret" areas are hidden or at least very non-obvious.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

TFTD wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:14 pm
Thanks for the link. I checked and in my savegame I could not find the following 3 entries:

guynmart_wood_14
blackwater_mountain5a
blackwater_mountain5c

I'm a little surprised to (not) have found 3 entries while in the stats it is saying that I visited 496 places. Any hints?
Only one hint: You can't get to these maps, they are unused..
Nut
TFTD

Post by TFTD »

Anything more specific please?
I've been to places were you get the message to try to pull a rope which is not working.
There is place were you get the message that you can feel some air moving.
Is this secret place related to something like this? I guess it is to be found in a dungeon from what I read in this thread.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Post your save if u still can't find it and I'll help you get there.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The rope leads to nothing for now.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1