v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Help! Reset skill points?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
brugg
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Help! Reset skill points?

Post by brugg »

I was excited to reach level 30 so I could switch to dual daggers and have 12 AP but I accidentally put a point in Quick Learning instead of Fast Combat... Is there any way to reset skill points? I tried to edit the save file in a hex editor but I can't figure out where the skill points are. Could someone explain what I should be doing with the save file? I want to remove the point from Quick Learning and I assume then I also have to change some modifier to actually remove the boost and then increase the available skill points by one so I can spend it on Fast Combat instead. It wouldn't be that bad if my point had been in another skill but I'd rather grind for EXP than waste a skill point on something that doesn't enhance my fighting ability... I know it's a silly thing but it's going to bother me forever... now before you think I'm simply out to cheat, if I wanted to do that I could just increase my EXP and gold instead (the values for those are a lot easier to find).

EDIT: If someone knows but don't want to post here to make the information easily available you can PM me instead.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Help! Reset skill points?

Post by Zukero »

It might be easier to revert to an older save. I hope you didn't overwrite your previous save...
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2