v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Which body armor do you perfer? Or serpents vs knights

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Atrus96
android_version: 4.0

Which body armor do you perfer? Or serpents vs knights

Post by Atrus96 »

So I have been using the serpents for a long time but just stumbled apon the Knight's hauberk. So now I'm contemplating which I want to use, I can't lie the extra point of Dr is very alluring. That being said I don't know if the loss of the AC and crit skill is worth it. What are all your thoughts?
Odin
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Which body armor do you perfer? Or serpents vs knights

Post by Odin »

Atrus96 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:56 am So I have been using the serpents for a long time but just stumbled apon the Knight's hauberk. So now I'm contemplating which I want to use, I can't lie the extra point of Dr is very alluring. That being said I don't know if the loss of the AC and crit skill is worth it. What are all your thoughts?
Knigth's hauberk is really good, but Serpent's hauberk stays the absolute best armor in the game (in my humble opinion) :D
Odin
Lvl:63
RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 GoLF: 1

Ivar
Lvl:26
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

in my opinion (which i may end up doing on a later character)
Knight's is far more superior for tanks.
Since DR is a limited thing, which after you reach that max you require armor to increases DR.

Serpent's is more beneficial for critical based builds. Since DR isn't as necessary.

:3 but i still prefer the robe.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

It also depends on what skills you have/take, as one is heavy and one is light. I've not yet made a build that relies on heavy armour but it's in the thought processes for the future. Erwyn's ring is handy for extra DR, I use it at various times, not permanently.
See the puppies scatter.
Atrus96
android_version: 4.0

Post by Atrus96 »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 am It also depends on what skills you have/take, as one is heavy and one is light. I've not yet made a build that relies on heavy armour but it's in the thought processes for the future. Erwyn's ring is handy for extra DR, I use it at various times, not permanently.
That's intresting, I didn't realize Knight's is heavy. I wouldn't have figured chainmail is heavy.
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by BethelAbba »

My block chance is so high on my 43rd level girl (THANK YOU!!!! FOR ADDING THAT OPTION!!!!!) that DR is a moot point. Right now I am pushing 138 block... meaning most monsters never hit me.... and 186 attack chance, meaning I clean house pretty quickly without having to worry about gulping Bonemeal potions.
to be flat out honest, this new girl has not used ONE BM potion ever!!!! Never had the need to because of wise investing of my level bonus and skill points.
My DR is only at +1 because of the shield I'm carrying. So seriously... unless you're tanking... it's not all that necessary. Stick to Serpents.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
JonLin
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by JonLin »

Serpent is best. Knights hauberk is probably easier to obtain.
For low lvl i would go with the new robe and feline gloves/boots.
Or go full blackwater with bw armor, helm, gloves and boots. And either bw poison dagger or bw sword.
Level242 HP692 AP4 AC385 AD176-200 BC230
Fighting Style: Way of the Monk
RoLS2 RoL2 ElyR2 ChaR1 GoLF2 ShaF5
SRoV3 VSH6 WMC4 GoW4 HoF2 BD1 HS1 WoB2