Meat value

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
User avatar
Fatboy73
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 pm
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat
Contact:

Meat value

Post by Fatboy73 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:46 pm

So I'm level 17 and the only reliable source of gold is grinding for meat in the snake cave? Why isa freaking ruby only worth 6 gold and a chunk of snake meat 25?
Item values need to be seriously evaluated in this game.

sdevaney
Site Admin
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 pm
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Contact:

Re: Meat value

Post by sdevaney » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:50 pm

You can't eat a ruby.

Essentially a ruby is only valuable because it looks pretty. This is not very important in the game world when most people are just trying to survive.

User avatar
Fatboy73
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 pm
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat
Contact:

Re: Meat value

Post by Fatboy73 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:57 pm

That is a valid point. Then I still suggest that if food(meat specifically) is so valuable, then there needs to be a meat tier system.
Snake meat is this price
Wolf meat is more valuable so it's this price
Deer meat is more valuable still and so on and so forth.

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 2850
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: Meat value

Post by rijackson741 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:21 pm

Food is already tiered. In general, the more sustenance, the higher the price.

There is a quest you can start in Crossglen that you can use to get gold.

As far as ruby gems go, perhaps the real question to ask is why a wolf would drop one when you kill it. Or, for that matter, why it would drop gold coins.

To put the price of gems in perspective, the Aztecs didn't value gold much. They had a lot of it, and it wasn't very useful. Conversely, Native Americans in North America valued glass beads, because they didn't have such a thing, and didn't know how to make them.
Level:68, XP:5672461, PV:497, FQ:62
HP:220, AC:247, AD:46-58, AP:3, ECC:23%, CM:3, BC:171, DR:3
Gold: 222889 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1

User avatar
Fatboy73
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 pm
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat
Contact:

Re: Meat value

Post by Fatboy73 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:50 am

I always just assumed(in my mind at least) that monsters and animals "dropped" gold because it was on an adventurer or civilians that it ate ;)

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 2850
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: Meat value

Post by rijackson741 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:57 am

Fatboy73 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:50 am
I always just assumed(in my mind at least) that monsters and animals "dropped" gold because it was on an adventurer or civilians that it ate ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent answer :D
Level:68, XP:5672461, PV:497, FQ:62
HP:220, AC:247, AD:46-58, AP:3, ECC:23%, CM:3, BC:171, DR:3
Gold: 222889 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1

BethelAbba
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:58 pm
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow
Location: On the OTHER other side of the world
Contact:

Re: Meat value

Post by BethelAbba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:16 am

Fatboy73 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:46 pm
So I'm level 17 and the only reliable source of gold is grinding for meat in the snake cave? Why isa freaking ruby only worth 6 gold and a chunk of snake meat 25?
Item values need to be seriously evaluated in this game.
At level 17 you're grinding in the wrong spot. I started the Shadow Gargoyle Trainer's / Master's cave at 15 and grinded there until I got a Ring of Lesser Shadow (it finally dropped today, at level 26). Each SGT / SGM drops around $20 gold per kill. By the time I walked out I had over 34K in gold. But that's not all. They also drop rubies (I had over 700), Polished Gems (I had over 500), Small Rocks (I had over 600) and regular health potions WHICH SELL FOR MORE THAN MEAT! (I had 650+ when I walked out of the cave.)

All told my grinding there gave me 11 levels of experience, 45K in gold, 650+ health potions (they sell for 34 gold each, so another 20K in gold if I sell them) and one Ring of Lesser Shadow (PRICELESS!!!). All that... while grinding.

Trust me.... you're grinding in the wrong area.
Last edited by BethelAbba on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1

BethelAbba
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:58 pm
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow
Location: On the OTHER other side of the world
Contact:

Re: Meat value

Post by BethelAbba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:22 am

rijackson741 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:21 pm
Food is already tiered. In general, the more sustenance, the higher the price.
While generally true, there is one that is not. I use it more than any thing else because (A) the value per hit point and (B) the cost per item.

A loaf of bread only costs 6 g, but gives a WHOPPING 10 health points. When you combine this with your RoLS or your standard Regen.... you're grabbing health faster, cheaper than anything else in the game. You just need a bit more patience than, say, cooked meat.

I grab Bread everytime I see it, and any time I rest, I make sure to snack on some to keep moving.
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1

User avatar
Fatboy73
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 pm
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat
Contact:

Re: Meat value

Post by Fatboy73 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:38 am

BethelAbba wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:16 am
Fatboy73 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:46 pm
So I'm level 17 and the only reliable source of gold is grinding for meat in the snake cave? Why isa freaking ruby only worth 6 gold and a chunk of snake meat 25?
Item values need to be seriously evaluated in this game.
At level 17 you're grinding in the wrong spot. I started the Shadow Gargoyle Trainer's / Master's cave at 15 and grinded there until I got a Ring of Lesser Shadow (it finally dropped today, at level 26). Each SGT / SGM drops around $20 gold per kill. By the time I walked out I had over 34K in gold. But that's not all. They also drop rubies (I had over 700), Polished Gems (I had over 500), Small Rocks (I had over 600) and regular health potions WHICH SELL FOR MORE THAN MEAT! (I had 650+ when I walked out of the cave.)

All told my grinding there gave me 11 levels of experience, 45K in gold, 650+ health potions (they sell for 34 gold each, so another 20K in gold if I sell them) and one Ring of Lesser Shadow (PRICELESS!!!). All that... while grinding.

Trust me.... you're grinding in the wrong area.
I must be doing something seriously wrong then because I get my ass kicked every other monster.
I have to be near a place to rest because potions cost so much and it's so hard to hit anything. My attack chance is 140 and I'm missing 3-4 times per battle, combine that with a creature that does like 4 attacks per round and I'm getting my ass kicked constantly.

User avatar
Firefly84
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:23 am
android_version: 8.0
Location: Germany

Re: Meat value

Post by Firefly84 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:54 am

@Fatboy73:

What is your equipment?
Equip weapons with low AP and a reasonable AD to get more swings per round.
Put your level up points in turns to BC, AD and AC. With IF as your first skill you don't need to put them to HP.
At the beginning, gear with DR is nice and once you have the money get the Jewel of Fallhaven to further drop your needed AP per round.

Another grinding tipp: the catacombs of Fallhaven. There is a chance to get gloves you can sell for a reasonable amount of gold and you obtain healing potions. I stay there until I need to rest (I only use a potion when nearly dying), and then use the remaining HP to kill some puppies and snakes.
Start to push your limits after you leveled up so you don't loose your EXP.

After I cleared the Crossglen and Fallhaven Area with all quests + helped the unlucky adventuerer north of Crossglen to get the book back I usually travel to either Loneford or Vilegard. Near Vileguard you can rent a room at the tavern and from there it is only a cat's jump to the Gargoyle Cave.
As the Trainers/Masters drop normal healing potions, you can normally heal with them and sometimes return to Vileguard (gain their trust!) to obtain some nice rings.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4

Post Reply