v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail game mechanics

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Andor's Trail game mechanics

Post by CKork »

wow. which monsters have 180 BC ? and 215 AC ?
215 AC are the strong khakin. The other Khakin have a similar AC.
180 BC are the basement rats. Plaguestriders have like 160 to 170
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
CKork

Post by CKork »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:42 pm 1) AC 215. BC 180.
2) AC 215, BC 175
3) would be a lot more work to figure out.
4) 95, 77
Thanks again.
Since most of that matches the stats and findings on andorstrail.irkalla.cz directory, I decided to make an extract from that (outdated) database for question 3. I did analyse for 80% and 90% values as well, calculated max dmg per monster and round (considering max crit and 100% hits, since that might be interesting for hard core mode) and also made a strategic evaluation of monsters and their stats (swarming or not, area significance, XP and level up relevance, dmg and AC combination, dmg reduction and block combination).

I was looking at it to aim for my desired end game stats (not evaluating the path to get there). Came to a very good conclusion I think.

Do you mind me sharing my thought and findings (in a spoiler note), or shall I rather keep it to myself?
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

When in doubt, a spoiler is ok.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
JaSP
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by JaSP »

There is a monster with BC 500.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Yup.
it is designed to kill you definitely, in a certain situation, when you have managed to lock yourself in by your own stupidity. :shock: Normally no one would ever see this, but there is a very special case that couldn't be restricted by the engine that results in this lock
Nut
Lacrom
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Lacrom »

JaSP wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:50 pm
There is a monster with BC 500.
where ?????????
Jean-Jacques Goldman | LV115
ElyR:1 HoF:1 RoLS:3 RoL:2 YN:1 | BD:1 ChaR:1 GoW:11 GoLF:1 HS:2 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:1 WoB:1 WMC:1
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

In Guynmart, but unless you do something very dumb you will never encounter it.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Lacrom
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Lacrom »

rijackson741 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:46 pm
I finally found it. awesome. but if we manage to kill it, is it the strongest monster in the game ? is Arulir Pack leader considered as more powerful or not ?
Jean-Jacques Goldman | LV115
ElyR:1 HoF:1 RoLS:3 RoL:2 YN:1 | BD:1 ChaR:1 GoW:11 GoLF:1 HS:2 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:1 WoB:1 WMC:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Lacrom wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:30 am
rijackson741 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:46 pm
I finally found it. awesome. but if we manage to kill it, is it the strongest monster in the game ? is Arulir Pack leader considered as more powerful or not ?
No. Who would believe in such nightmares?
Nut
CKork

Post by CKork »

So, as mentioned earlier, I've tried to collect some info about common monster stats. I then used this data and the information from this thread's initial post (hit chance chart, mainly) to do some number crunching for desirable game stats for my end-game char.

If you don't want to spoil your fun of finding the best built for you yourself, please don't read further.
All others who'd like to read about my findings and my insights (and personal opinion on desirable stats!), please go ahead and get spoiled :-D
So what I've basically done is copy/paste the data from http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/0.7.0/monsterlist.php and put it into an excel table. Then I converted everything to numbers to be able to sort, filter and calculate stuff. Very useful :-)
I quickly noticed, that highest BC and highest AC match Rijacksons earlier post and averages are similar, + most monsters were already in the game back then when the list was last updated, therefore decided that accuracy of the data should be good enough.

I've then made a small overview table of monster stats for block chance, attack chance, max. damage per hit, max. damage per round without criticals, max. damage per round with max criticals, damage resistance and health points.

For each of these values, I've determined:
[*]Average value amongst all monsters
[*]Highest value amongst the weakest 80% of the monsters (cut off top 20% of monsters)
[*]Highest value amongst the weakest 90% of the monsters (cut off top 10% of monsters)
[*]Max value amongst all monsters
[*]Strategic value (highest values most likely to encounter often due to monster locations, XP value and grind, critical situations because of swarming monsters, combination of high hit chance + high damage per round and/or crits, etc.)

Monster stats
MonsterStats.JPG
Some max dmg per round insights of monster stats:
81 dmg/rnd with AC of 215, 96 dmg/rnd with AC of 145, 150 dmg/rnd with AC of 80. Anything above 96 dmg/rnd has AC of << 100, which is relatively easy to block. Therefore chose 96 as strategic value.

With Rijacksons chart, I then tried to calculate for each of these values and groupings, how high a stat (AC and BC) my character needs to block 50%, 75%, 80%, 85% and 88% of monster attacks as well as successfully land 50%, 75%, 80%, 85% and 88% of my attacks.

Goals for own character stats
OwnStats.JPG
How to read it:
Basically, you can look at your own stats and check how well you fair against monsters in general (the average ones, all except the top 20%/10%, even the highest or strategic monsters).

Example: You have 100 block chance. This means, you will block 80% of the monsters on average on all monsters. Though, average stats of monsters are typically lower than what you encounter end-game. 100 block chance would, however, still enable you to block up to 80% of all monsters (except the 20% highest attack chance ones) at least every 2nd hit in average.

Or the other way around: If you do a block-focused build and want to block even the toughest (highest hit-chance) monsters 80% of the time, you need 221 block chance.

It is similar for attack chance.

Regarding chances: The most dangerous mobs most commonly have 2 attacks, some 3, none more. Therefore, a block chance of 75% goes a long way already.
Though, for attacking, each % shortens the average time of fights, and therefore considerably increases your combat and grinding speed. Higher % does have a positive effect. Though, at high levels, try to decide what's more imporant, more AC or more damage :-) Try to go the overall approach (AC + dmg) and think of "rounds needed to kill the mob".

My personal view:
Block focused builds I'll lift to at least 161 block chance, aiming for 206+. Ideal 265+.
Attack focused builds I'll lift to at least 294 attack chance, aiming for 309+. Ideal 330+.

For a balance between both, try to spin your head around how many level-ups you get, how many stats from equipment, and how much from skillpoints. Also keep in mind, one skill point is 4 level-ups. If you look at the stats of the skills, it's better to increase attack chance with level-ups and push block-chance with the dodge skill (if you have skill points spare!).

Also consider the damage resistance. Most mobs in general play/grind have less than 14. Therefore, 15+ damage per hit can kill these monsters. Though, toughest bosses need at least 22+ damage per hit. Keep that in mind. 100% hit chance doesn't help, if 100% of your damage gets absorbed :-)

Health:
With a decent block chance (100 and more), I think 100 HP go a long way already, especially if you have some means to replenish your health. Some buffer is always good, though, and 150 HP is reasonable to achieve.
If survival is important and you want to ensure that nothing can one hit you (hardcore mode), even in the unlucky event of all attacks of that mob critting you, you need 151+ HP, more if they gang up and all get lucky :-) Though, playing statistics, 151+ hp and good block stats will go a long way I'm sure. Again, buffer never hurts :-)

Last comment:
Disregard the coloring and framed cells. It's only highlighting some personal thoughts to myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CKork on Fri May 08, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro