v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

What is your favorite aspect of this game?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

What is your favorite aspect of this game?

Post by Antison »

I thought of creating a poll but I didn't want to restrict you guys to a handful of answers so I'll keep this open-ended.
But I'm just curious as to what it is about this game that excites you? What gets your blood flowing?

Is it the open world concept? Exploring, finding new and wonderful things. Or maybe it's the thrill of a new quest to conquer? Or maybe it is just the level of difficulty that you enjoy?
Maybe it's the depth of the game that you enjoy? building a whole assortment of different characters with different skills and different weapons and different equipment?

Me personally, I really enjoy making my character better. Seeing there abilities grow with each level, skill or equipment upgrade.
I also love the depth in being able to build so many entirely different characters.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: What is your favorite aspect of this game?

Post by Gonk »

In the game I like the open world, open character building, the final decissions and the great different quests.
I also enjoy very much the community around the game and the possibility to get involved, create game content, etc.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

One favorite thing? Not possible lol.

I like that the community can contribute to the game development.

I like the open world, instead of the usual linear path and separate character classes, with continuous choices to make, not just a series of bigger and bigger boss monsters to hack through.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I absolutely love the fact that different authors make quests with a very different feel. For example, Nut's work on Guynmart and Stoutford added a really refreshing taste.
This all makes the game feel diverse, where most RPG end up feeling repetitive.

Also, from an insider perspective, the community, the team, the free software aspect, and the international nature make it really exciting.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
JonLin
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by JonLin »

I enjoy questing. And grinding for the legendary and extraordinary items.
Being able to wander all over the world is great also.
Level242 HP692 AP4 AC385 AD176-200 BC230
Fighting Style: Way of the Monk
RoLS2 RoL2 ElyR2 ChaR1 GoLF2 ShaF5
SRoV3 VSH6 WMC4 GoW4 HoF2 BD1 HS1 WoB2
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by TheGx »

All of the above and more! Some things that you guys already mentioned such as character building/free software aspect/open world etc, are my favorites too. I especially like that the game still developing and evolving as we play and no one know how it all will end - if ever?
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
Uncubus
android_version: 5.0

Post by Uncubus »

That it's a free game with open source. Good and fun story, interesting choices and fun to build character.
T-rex2298
android_version: 8.0
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!

Post by T-rex2298 »

I must admit I love this game for the community and developers. Also the fact that is 'permament'. You can transpot the gamesaves to different devices.
no ads as well.....
Everything can be solved with a quick bite to the neck.
Operation Shadowslay.
Maturity: Completed! For the one ring has been found!
Melior Futuri.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Old school feeling. Coming from Baldurs Gate era, I have a lot of interest in playing RPG's though not into the modern releases and often looking for similar games. It was a fellow member on RPGCodex who directed me towards Andors Trail. I was totally surprised about how this game existed for so long in public domain, and yet, I didn't even read a mention of this game in other forums.

Got totally hooked on to it since install.

The big open world is the most impressive aspect of the game, followed by zero experience of bugs/glitches during multiple playthroughs. Something that is really commendable on the testing job.

The small file size and very minimal battery impact is again awesome. It allows me to play over several hours with just a 10% battery consumption.

Though the quests are simple in nature with a variety of different adventures. It still requires player's attention as there are quests which cleverly hide certain options and choices in the conversations presented. It may seem straightforward but there are also surprises in terms of C&C's attached to the quests, which requires the player to try and explore the options in details.

It looks beautiful. Love the graphics. Though I would appreciate if the sprites and character details could be more clear and larger in size.

I hope there's an improvement over the initial parts of grinding which kind of works against the game and might turn off the players who may not be comfortable in investing too much time just to earn gold before they are able to fully explore and enjoy the content.
Elytra
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Elytra »

I love the quests and grinding for weapons and also the open worldness of this Cool game