Food & hunger system

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Aulrad
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Food & hunger system

Post by Aulrad »

So it seems that foods will only be useful if you dont have unlocked bonemeal potions yet or if required in quests

I mean if you have unlocked bonemeal potions , you wouldnt needs foods. Unless required in a quest

So maybe if we add hunger system it would make sense to have a food in your inventory

So the only way i can think on adding it is by putting that as an actor condition

For example

You have 100 rounds for hunger... if that reaches 0 you will lose some health every round
And you can only replenishbthat by eating foods
May the Elythran Potato bless you. :o :lol:
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Food & hunger system

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Aulrad wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:33 pm So it seems that foods will only be useful if you dont have unlocked bonemeal potions yet or if required in quests

I mean if you have unlocked bonemeal potions , you wouldnt needs foods. Unless required in a quest

So maybe if we add hunger system it would make sense to have a food in your inventory

So the only way i can think on adding it is by putting that as an actor condition

For example

You have 100 rounds for hunger... if that reaches 0 you will lose some health every round
And you can only replenishbthat by eating foods
You can buy meat, bread and Mead
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I don't use bonemeal potions, they are too expensive for my liking.
And don't forget: they are forbidden by Feygard law! Otherwise you certainly have to explain a lot if you want to side with Feygard :shock:
Nut
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

There are plenty of reasons to carry food. Explore the world some more. Your opinions on food will probably change.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Nut wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 pm I don't use bonemeal potions, they are too expensive for my liking.
And don't forget: they are forbidden by Feygard law! Otherwise you certainly have to explain a lot if you want to side with Feygard :shock:
So is this a spoiler of what may come or if I change my ways can I be saved?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

There is currently no price to pay for using bonemeal potions. But there is a mechanism in the game engine to exact a price, so you should be wary about using them too much if you wish to visit Feygard some time in the future. On the other hand, Nor City locves bonemeal junkies ;) Not just bonemeal either. If you take sides, the eventual goal is that doing so will have consequences (both good and bad).

I have played games with hunger systems, and hated the idea every time. A game can get seriously boring if a large chunk of your time is spent just trying to get enough food that you don't die.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:34 am There is currently no price to pay for using bonemeal potions. But there is a mechanism in the game engine to exact a price, so you should be wary about using them too much if you wish to visit Feygard some time in the future.
Why wait for Feygard? How about some random encounter with a Feygard patrol officer, you strike up on conversation with him and all of a sudden he has suspicion that you're "carrying". He then has grounds for a search. Now you're in trouble.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Antison wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 am
rijackson741 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:34 am There is currently no price to pay for using bonemeal potions. But there is a mechanism in the game engine to exact a price, so you should be wary about using them too much if you wish to visit Feygard some time in the future.
Why wait for Feygard? How about some random encounter with a Feygard patrol officer, you strike up on conversation with him and all of a sudden he has suspicion that you're "carrying". He then has grounds for a search. Now you're in trouble.
Better change that rj. Atleast let us lie I used 3. It would make alot of people reset the game and or give up. That's kinda dirty if that is the mind set and lead people to trash the game
Antison

Post by Antison »

Come on man. You were warned before you left Crosglen. It will happen sooner rather than later. Life without bonemeal makes you healthier.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Antison wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:58 am Come on man. You were warned before you left Crosglen. It will happen sooner rather than later. Life without bonemeal makes you healthier.
Ok bro I got that. So what is too much I did three the rest was meat and bread. All good I got on save where I lived off of meat so we will see