v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

More immersive bandits

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Moo-Kun
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

More immersive bandits

Post by Moo-Kun »

The bandit that catches you southwest of fallhaven and the tougher one on the Duleian road are kind of useless tbh..

How about making them follow the player just like the girl gyra and when they catch you they start a dialogue which is theirs but with one catch... you cant leave just like you can now..

Just a bit of immersion would make that encounter so much better imo :mrgreen:
If I had to name a Nostalgic Childhood Game that I grew up playing and still play to this day.. it would definitely be
♡Andor's Trail♡
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: More immersive bandits

Post by Nut »

It is not possible to restrict the player from leaving a dialogue. But at least, the thief SE of Fallhaven, is following you already like you propose, just in a rather small area. And directly attacks you after leaving the dialogue.
Nut
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

Nut wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:15 am It is not possible to restrict the player from leaving a dialogue. But at least, the thief SE of Fallhaven, is following you already like you propose, just in a rather small area. And directly attacks you after leaving the dialogue.
That works I guess :mrgreen:
If I had to name a Nostalgic Childhood Game that I grew up playing and still play to this day.. it would definitely be
♡Andor's Trail♡
Nut

Post by Nut »

I didn't like the behaviour of the thieves either, so I changed it to this behaviour.
I thought the other bandit would work in a similar way, but he doesn't - I'll have a look at it
Nut
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

Nut wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:04 am I didn't like the behaviour of the thieves either, so I changed it to this behaviour.
I thought the other bandit would work in a similar way, but he doesn't - I'll have a look at it
They'll attack for no reason once you leave them?
♡Andor's Trail♡
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I guess if they fail to talk you out of your gold, they consider you fair game. Whether you actually refuse or just walk away, they still want your gold.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

Tomcat wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:47 pm I guess if they fail to talk you out of your gold, they consider you fair game. Whether you actually refuse or just walk away, they still want your gold.
But is it really not possible with how the game works? Disabling the close dialogue or idk putting some shape over the button..(I suck at coding but I aspire to become a programmer one day xD) ..
Literally anything that prevents you from leaving them until you choose to either pay up or fight off would make this encounter more awesome I think

It's not necessarily bad as it is but the fact that you can just close the dialogue and leave like that really kills the immersion ( it is to be expected the game isnt finished yet ik but more immersion = more fun :DD)
I feel like you guys are thinking who's this moo kun guy that came out of nowhere and started bombarding us with ideas and suggestions xDD
♡Andor's Trail♡
Nut

Post by Nut »

It's like in real life. If some shady person wants your money, then you can decide to just walk away. He might run after you and try to get the money again though...
Nut
Moo-Kun

Post by Moo-Kun »

Nut wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:48 pm It's like in real life. If some shady person wants your money, then you can decide to just walk away. He might run after you and try to get the money again though...
Good point so the player leaving the dialogue can be seen as running away yeah.. never looked at it that way
♡Andor's Trail♡
Frive1000
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Frive1000 »

Sounds like a great game, huh. bandits immersed themselves in their work