advantages/disadvantages of fighting bare handed

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Czar Kloos

Re: advantages/disadvantages of fighting bare handed

Post by Czar Kloos »

Exactly, this is a RPG, u dont go around killing monsters with furious fists and go jet li on their A$$. It's about items like swords and shields etc...

I would like if it was a weapon like ( brass knuckles) but not them because they wouldn't fit, but if you over weigh the bare handed then more people use that.
Level: 18, XP: 102435
Gold: 5132, RoLS: 0, SR: 46

I take on one day at a time... unless they all decide to attack at once

Creator of Andor's Snuggie along with ctnbeh13
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

Why does it being an RPG mean you can't fight bare handed? is that limited only to Mortal Kombat games or something? *scratches head*

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
Czar Kloos

Post by Czar Kloos »

But it shouldn't be the main focus, and have u seen the new MK games, you run around 3rd person and u get knives and stuff
Level: 18, XP: 102435
Gold: 5132, RoLS: 0, SR: 46

I take on one day at a time... unless they all decide to attack at once

Creator of Andor's Snuggie along with ctnbeh13
allanon

Post by allanon »

if character classes are introduced at some stage in the future, that would be a perfect time to tweak the numbers on fighting bare handed.
I like the idea of giving a minus to damage and to defense.
But if people want to pursue bare handed fighting, they should be allowed to, perhaps by via of a character class such as a 'monk'. In some RPGs a monk or equivalent character is a fighting machine once they climb sufficient levels as they will gain bonuses in 'to hit' category and also an additional attack per round.
So perhaps make barehanded AP4 to begin with, with a minus to damage and a minus to defense but if you train as a Monk for example, you could gain bonuses and reduce the AP4 to AP3 and perhaps even to AP2 at a high level and also go up % chance to hit as you progress.
Another downside to playing this character would be that they would be limited in armour or shields they could use.
Just an idea.
Level: 42, XP: 1311277, Gold: 92789, RoLS: 1
HP: 50, AC: 225%, AD: 23-28, AC: 3, CC: 15%, CM: 2, BC: 40%, DR:-