Writing a quest

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Lord zed
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Writing a quest

Post by Lord zed »

So recently i thought about writing a quest for the mid levels and also as a grind for those who have completed everything which will span the whole known world of dhayvar till now i would need help for that so if anybody wants to help me and all the devs to complete this game faster they are welcome ;)
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Writing a quest

Post by rijackson741 »

Good luck, and thanks for helping. We can give you pointers and help get you going on this, but the dev team is buried in other content creation for the foreseeable future, so our involvement will be limited.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Lord zed

Post by Lord zed »

No worries i can at least weite the story line and then possibly the full quest with dialogues and other items and actor conditions and if you guys approve it we may then finalize it I just need some other normal peeps to help me with this not necessarily the devs
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

The storyline is a fantastic start. Good next steps:

Check with the devs or another VIP (if devs are too busy) to make sure your story fits the game well enough and doesn't conflict with other things in process. If not, they can try to help you make adjustments to the make it fit better.

Decide the npcs' exact locations and their detailed roles - talking, fighting, rewarding, etc.

If your quest has alternative pathways and end points (encouraged but not required), figure out the decision points along the way - a flowchart might be helpful if it's complex.

Lay out the steps of the quest that should be in the Quest Log, including what each step requires in terms of dialog choices, previous steps, steps/completion of other related quests, any specific quest items carried or gear worn, etc - whatever it takes to fulfill that step.

Decide whether each step has any rewards (gold, items, xp) - these are often but not always focused on completion steps.

Write actual dialog, with notes on how the choices take you through the steps.

If you are creating any new items as quest requirements or rewards, or adding mobs that you may wind up fighting, their stats will need to be set.

All this can be done without having to learn the details of implementing the quest in game format. The further you go, the less work is left for the devs - or for you, if you decide you want to learn the whole process.

Cheers!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Lord zed

Post by Lord zed »

I have told tomcat about a bit of the story i will refine it a bit more just remember the story has consequences of our old decisions made in other quests