v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

List of possibilities after you complete all Quests

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

List of possibilities after you complete all Quests

Post by Osho »

Please suggest a list of possibilities available to continue the game after completing all the Quests.

I am planning to now approach some of the toughest areas with another character levelled at 25 and seems strong enough to continue the adventures outside the initial areas accessible to the player in the beginning.

Approaching Remgard is on the list but not at level 25. Maybe later.

Can you please guide me through all the options still available to continue in the game?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: List of possibilities after you complete all Quests

Post by Antison »

1. Grind for XP, gold, etc. and become overpowering. Not recommended.
2. Start a new character and build it differently than you did the first one. I recommend that you pick a weapon and build around that.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The rare drop extraordinary and legendary items were originally added to give players something else to do. It has never appealed to me though. Too much of a grind. Having said that, there's a certain whip I want badly :roll:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 am 2. Start a new character and build it differently than you did the first one. I recommend that you pick a weapon and build around that.
Perfect! Trying a different build after completing a high BC playthrough which didn't turn out as fun as I had hoped for. It's now going to be a high AD playrhrough which will help to make me go through tougher areas in future.

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:50 pm The rare drop extraordinary and legendary items were originally added to give players something else to do. It has never appealed to me though. Too much of a grind. Having said that, there's a certain whip I want badly :roll:
I wish the game had a possible solution to earn gold with minimum grinding like in GTA games where property or asset missions offer a periodic amount of money.

In case of AT, there's a great potential for side missions involving businesses across the large game world with constant flow of gold. There seems to be a hint in this direction with couple of empty houses and unutilised fields available in game
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Osh wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:12 pm
Antison wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 am 2. Start a new character and build it differently than you did the first one. I recommend that you pick a weapon and build around that.
Perfect! Trying a different build after completing a high BC playthrough which didn't turn out as fun as I had hoped for. It's now going to be a high AD playrhrough which will help to make me go through tougher areas in future.

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:50 pm The rare drop extraordinary and legendary items were originally added to give players something else to do. It has never appealed to me though. Too much of a grind. Having said that, there's a certain whip I want badly :roll:
I wish the game had a possible solution to earn gold with minimum grinding like in GTA games where property or asset missions offer a periodic amount of money.

In case of AT, there's a great potential for side missions involving businesses across the large game world with constant flow of gold. There seems to be a hint in this direction with couple of empty houses and unutilised fields available in game
Even without alot of grinding, gold does stack up quickly. Besides a few items you may want or need, gold stacks quickly and becomes useless
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Gold is in short supply in the beginning, but later on most players have more of it than they know what to do with.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho

Post by Osho »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:24 pm Gold is in short supply in the beginning, but later on most players have more of it than they know what to do with.
Is it possible to *at least* improve the selling values of precious gems and other couple of loot drops which practically should offer more value than a meat @ 25G.

That will surely help to bring some relief. I don't think it'll cause any balancing issues either. Since gems and rare potion drops from specific monsters do not happen too often unlike say, meat drops available from more than 1 sources (monsters)

For example: a precious gem should fetch at least 100G.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I'm not so sure that a small ruby is worth 100 gold. But I get your overall point.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I would like to do something useful with gems. There are many types. But what to do with them? Increasing their selling price is one option, but not a very exciting one.
Osho

Post by Osho »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:44 pm I would like to do something useful with gems. There are many types. But what to do with them? Increasing their selling price is one option, but not a very exciting one.
Crafting equipment like special necklaces as seen in Brimhaven being sold as a highly priced item, besides making it powerful with stat boosters. I guess crafting is already in the pipeline as fiture goals?

Inclusion in quests as requirements
Antison wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:02 pm I'm not so sure that a small ruby is worth 100 gold. But I get your overall point.
It will surely help to improve the first impression to new players who might be put off with only meat as the source of raising money despite variety of loot drops already available. All it needs is a tweak to their prices.

It will certainly encourage players to invest time in grinding too - if it's made a rewarding experience!