Concussion vs. Taunt

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 3546
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: Concussion vs. Taunt

Post by rijackson741 »

Osho wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:01 pm
In case of Taunt, I don't have the choice to spend my skill points for the benefit of 25% or 50% chance but 75% chance only and that becomes available only after spending on dodge, evasion. This forces the player to pick these two skills even if not necessary.

Why can't late game skills be offered as 1 skill available at only particular level in the game?
Because if you are not skilled in evasion and dodge you do not have the necessary knowledge to learn taunt. Kind of like real life. You can't take a Ph.D. course in physics if you have not passed classes in basic science.
Level:69, XP:6038672, PV:555, FQ:77
HP:224, AC:216, AD:47-59, AP:3, ECC:27%, CM:3, BC:174, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
User avatar
Osho
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:45 am
android_version: 9.0 - Pie
Location: India

Re: Concussion vs. Taunt

Post by Osho »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:23 am Because if you are not skilled in evasion and dodge you do not have the necessary knowledge to learn taunt. Kind of like real life. You can't take a Ph.D. course in physics if you have not passed classes in basic science.
Absolutely. The only part I am against at is the decision of choosing a set number of pre-conditions for making Taunt available to the players.
The game has an excellent example of skills that offers the flexibility to experiment without a long list of requirements to meet.
4 levels of dodge, 2 levels of evasion can be reduced to levels that involve a base combat statistic as the deciding factor to unlock Taunt.

Similar to Bark Skin. It is impossible to have DR simply based on equipments which boost BC. Players must spend some levels on the base statistics to have 1 point increase of DR.
Does it take too long? No
Does it make DR accessible to only late game players? No
Does it require a long list of requirements? No.

DR comes in levels of base BC, unlike Taunt!

[[ Though the experience in terms of levels attached to Bark skin feels like an unnecessary addition. ]]

For example: Level 45 - Taunt (75% chance with minimum base BC xxx). It takes only 1 skill point! It gives freedom of choice to those players who wish to have 25% chance of Taunt, 25% chance of Concussion, 25% chance of Fracture, without being asked to save a xxx number (or 6 skill points) in return for 1 exclusive skill.

Imagine the amount of grinding required to have all of them be it Taunt, Concussion, Fracture under the current format :D

The crux of my argument is that it'd be much better to open up certain skill into various levels of effectiveness, making the base combat statistics as the benchmark for eligibility criteria!

Since base combat statistics are far more flexible to choose and are naturally required to level up. Why should players spend precious 6 skill points just to unlock 1 skill over and above the experience points invested on the base combat levels?

Is a player with 100 BC less qualified than a player with 0 base BC, 4 levels of Dodge, 2 levels of evasion to access Taunt?

Shouldn't players have the freedom to choose between 25% chance, 50%, 75% and say, 80% chance for any skill level? It will help to have both concussion and taunt and without being overpowered early in the game. Those who wish to exclusively go for Taunt can continue to increase percentage chances by investing future skill points.
User avatar
Antison
Posts: 3869
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:33 pm
android_version: 10 - Android 10
Location: A home without a beagle is just a house

Re: Concussion vs. Taunt

Post by Antison »

Osho,

You are not going to get us to change the prerequisites for Taunt at this point. Sorry. They are there for game balance. Taunt is a powerful skill and as such, we want you to earn it while not getting OP.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Soullessktty
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:05 am
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Concussion vs. Taunt

Post by Soullessktty »

As the poster of this topic, my point actually is that Concussion is less powerful compare to Taunt. Yet, it is harder and takes longer time to get Concussion.
User avatar
Elytra
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:33 am
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow
Location: Brightport?
Contact:

Re: Concussion vs. Taunt

Post by Elytra »

Yeah it took me a lot of time just to test how cool Concussion is
Elytra
:twisted: EVOS :twisted:
User avatar
Osho
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:45 am
android_version: 9.0 - Pie
Location: India

Re: Concussion vs. Taunt

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:09 am Osho,

You are not going to get us to change the prerequisites for Taunt at this point. Sorry. They are there for game balance. Taunt is a powerful skill and as such, we want you to earn it while not getting OP.
Alright, I give up :D

Coming to the topic:

Try Taunt with Ring of venom. You can finish off the monster by simply using the poison damage. It requires high BC for the 10% chance to kick in. Just keep pressing End Turn till the condition hits the monster, and then simply flee to watch the moster die. Taunt provides that extra cover due to less attacks from the monster hitting you. Otherwise, it becomes a bit dragged on with the chance of successful hits depleting your health.

I had defeated Thukuzun once using Taunt+Ring of venom simply using the poison damage
Post Reply