Extraordinary Items are hard to obtain, because they have a drop ratio of 0.1%. On average you have to kill specific monsters 1000 times to obtain the desired Extraordinary Item. When you are lucky you might get one earlier, but on average it will be very hard to get some Extraordinary Items.
And there is still a bigger challenge: Get a Legendary Item.
Legendary Items are impossible to obtain, because they have a drop ratio of 0.01%. On average you have to kill specific monsters 10000 times to obtain the desired item. To obtain an Legendary Item you need approximately 50 hours, so better be lucky.
2. Magic Finder Skill
Every skillpoint in this skill improves the drop ratio of the Extraordinary and Legendary Items by 50% of the base drop rate.
For example with 3 skillpoints the Legendary Item drop chance increases from 0.01% to 0.025%.
3.1 Ring of lesser Shadow (Abbreviation: RoLS)
4.1 Chaosreaper (Abbreviation: ChaR)
5.1 Respawn rules
You will gain many levels when searching for Legendary Items. So sooner or later you need to know the respawn rules to maximize the amount of monsters killed per minute.
- Every monster on every map will respawn if you rest in a bed.
- Every monster on a specific map will respawn if you didn't enter that map for 3 minutes.
- Each 0.5 seconds there is a chance of 1% per respawn area to spawn a monster. This only affects the current map. There are no respawns when the player is in a menu or a fight. If a spawn area has reached its maximum number of monsters, no further monsters respawn in it. So stay on maps with many respawn areas.
- Monsters could not spawn directly on players, other monsters, obstacles and "event objects". So keep away from small respawn areas.
As the result of the respawn rules there are 3 possible tactics.
- Kill the specific monsters, enter other maps for 3 minutes and level there, come back to kill the specific monsters again.
- Kill the specific monsters, try to go to an inn and come back in less than 3 minutes to kill the specific monsters again.
- Stay on the map with the most respawn areas of specific monsters. For 3 minutes hunt every spawned monster on the current map down. After 3 minutes kill the specific monsters on the other maps. Go back to the first map and repeat.
The monster partitions mentioned in the description of the items give you an idea about the respawn area structure.
Monster partitions: (3+1+1+1) + (1+1) + (3+1+1+1)
The first map has 4 respawn areas. The first can respawn up to 3 monsters all others can only respawn 1 monster.
The second map has 2 respawn areas. They both can only respawn 1 monster.
The third map has 4 respawn areas. The first can respawn up to 3 monsters all others can only respawn 1 monster.
5.4 Measure items
Measure items could be used to show the progress of getting an Extraordinary or Legendary Item.
Measure item: Small rock (2500)
You will get approximately 2500 Small rocks (when you didn't skill "Magic Finder") for each RoLS you get. If you got 2500 Small rocks (from the specific monsters dropping the item) you had pretty good chances to get a ring.
But it doesn't mean anything - it's a matter of pure case.