Good places to grind to earn a few quick levels

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Good places to grind to earn a few quick levels

Post by Pyrizzle »

Edited:
Rat Cave
Snake Cave
Jan's Cave
Catacombs
Wolf Cave
Flagstone Prison
Gargoyle Cave
Bjorju's Family Cave
Kazul cave
Crossglen
Blackwater Mountain
Iqhan Caves
Bug Cave
Spider Mountain
Remguard Area

Original post:
I have been wondering around and have found that the Wolf cave just southwest of fallhaven is one of the best places to gain a good amount of xp while still being able to gain meat to keep your hp up as well. And i got to wondering if anyone else found another great place to go level up?

level 0-10 i recomend the snake caves
level 15-21(my current level) I have been in the wolf caves.

I am still finding it hard to stick around in the caves where the Gargoyle Trainers are for long periods of time since i tend to use up alot of supplies to get there and to not die.

Also i still can't figure out where to find the friggin Bone Meal Potions. Any help?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Re: Good places to grind to earn a few quick levels

Post by Rory Mac »

Thanks for the tip. I've still been going back to the snake cave to stock up on meat. I'll have to go looking for that wolf cave.

I don't have any trouble in the gargoyle cave, but I take about 100 meat with me before I go. And about 20-30 bonemeal.

To get bonemeal...
...I think you go first to the guy in red in the Crossglen tavern. You gotta do something for him - I think he wants insect shells or something easy like that. He then tells you to go to the priest in Fallhaven. He wants 5 bones. You get them in the cave northeast of Crossglen. Take the bones to the priest and he will make you the bonemeal.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Rory Mac

Post by Rory Mac »

OK, I gave the wolf cave a try. For Exp and gold, it's better than the snake cave, but no where near as good for mining meat. I'll go back to the snake cave for that.
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Rory Mac wrote:Thanks for the tip. I've still been going back to the snake cave to stock up on meat. I'll have to go looking for that wolf cave.

I don't have any trouble in the gargoyle cave, but I take about 100 meat with me before I go. And about 20-30 bonemeal.

To get bonemeal...
...I think you go first to the guy in red in the Crossglen tavern. You gotta do something for him - I think he wants insect shells or something easy like that. He then tells you to go to the priest in Fallhaven. He wants 5 bones. You get them in the cave northeast of Crossglen. Take the bones to the priest and he will make you the bonemeal.

I carry no less than 200 Bonemeal usually I have 300+ with me.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Rory Mac

Post by Rory Mac »

kabbie1882 wrote:
Rory Mac wrote:Thanks for the tip. I've still been going back to the snake cave to stock up on meat. I'll have to go looking for that wolf cave.

To get bonemeal...

I carry no less than 200 Bonemeal usually I have 300+ with me.
Not an option for me. I'm 15 levels below you so I'm still grinding to get enough gold for chainmail and possibly a second +6 damage ring.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Rory Mac wrote:OK, I gave the wolf cave a try. For Exp and gold, it's better than the snake cave, but no where near as good for mining meat. I'll go back to the snake cave for that.

I went into the wolf caves around level 15 or so with only 99 meats with me and when i came out i had 110 meats and was around level 20. Its a great place to gather exp and gold fast. I wouldnt recomend it for trying to gather meat, the snake cave is faster for that because normally the snakes die in a single hit.

My only problem with the gargoyle cave is that they can hit for up to 30hp and if i am not near full health i can die at any moment. Gonna raise my Defence a bit more.

Also the newest caves are pretty frigging hard. I'd be sure to stock up a ton of health supplies before going anywhere near the newest additon to the game. Going up and down and up and down has taken its toll on my meat supplies. I'm so glad i have Bonemeal potions now. :)

ArcAngL

Post by ArcAngL »

Carrying no less than 1000 bonemeals at any given time definitely makes the backwater climb more of a stroll.

This is what I did for leveling. Rats until I could efficiently do snakes. Then snakes until I could efficiently do wolves. Then wolves until I was geared out and had enough bonemeals to hang out in gargoyle cave grinding for a rols without having to take constant trips back to town. Now I just wander around and kill anything that looks at me funny. Should probably update my stats sometime soon.

Edit: I also seriously suggest 80ish hp. It makes battles less unpredictable knowing you can withstand multiple mobs at once and can take multiple crits without dieing. Just sayin.
Level: 34
Experience: 689808
AP Cost: 3
Atk Chance: 146%
Atk Damage: 20-21
Crit Chance: 25%
Crit Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 51%

Updated: 4/15/11
Droid X 2.3.3 Gingerbread (Leaked "official" non-rooted manual install )
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

ArcAngL wrote:Carrying no less than 1000 bonemeals at any given time definitely makes the backwater climb more of a stroll.

This is what I did for leveling. Rats until I could efficiently do snakes. Then snakes until I could efficiently do wolves. Then wolves until I was geared out and had enough bonemeals to hang out in gargoyle cave grinding for a rols without having to take constant trips back to town. Now I just wander around and kill anything that looks at me funny. Should probably update my stats sometime soon.

Edit: I also seriously suggest 80ish hp. It makes battles less unpredictable knowing you can withstand multiple mobs at once and can take multiple crits without dieing. Just sayin.
I can make it up and down the mountian now okay. Also since i now can get Bonemeal i am able to buy things from a new blacksmith which allows me to get around a little easier. It's going to be a long grind to get to my hp up.

Pyrizzle
lvl: 23
hp: 40
a cost: 3
a chance: 122%
a damage: 15-20
Crit chance: 10%
Crit multi: 2
Block Chance: 78%

211 Bonemeal potions.

kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Also since i now can get Bonemeal i am able to buy things from a new blacksmith which allows me to get around a little easier.

How did getting Bonemeal make you able to buy from new blacksmith ???
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

kabbie1882 wrote:How did getting Bonemeal make you able to buy from new blacksmith ???
It's a part of a quest in that area.