Save Error

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
ranaesq
android_version: 2.2

Save Error

Post by ranaesq »

When I try to save using the save slots, I get the following error message: "Failed to save game! Is the SD card mounted and writable?" I have a Virgin Mobil LG Optimus V, Android version 2.2.1.

On a side note, the game automatically saves when I use the "back" button on my phone, but it would be terrific to be able to use the various save slots to experiment, especially with the new alpha version of the game out. Since there are more pressing concerns, mainly with launching the new version, this is not a priority.
Level 33, 659828 exp, 49187 gold
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Re: Save Error

Post by Johan »

This have happened to me as well and I don't think it's at all related to Andor's Trail.
Somehow the SD card becomes mounted read only. One easy way to fix it is to unmount abd remove it, and put it back in. Then the system will mount it with write permissions again.
ranaesq

Post by ranaesq »

Thanks for replying. I attempted unmounting it by going to: Settings -> SD Card & Phone Storage -> Unmount SD Card, waiting for it to unmount it, manually removing it and then reinserting it, but unfortunately that did not work. I still get the same error message. I even tried to see if there was a way to change the settings on the SD Card itself but had no luck. I think you are correct - it is an android/phone issue, not an Andor's Trail issue. Thanks for trying though!
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

Perhaps also try to access the sd card with a filemanager.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

Perhaps there are problems with the file system or the card itself? Do you get any error messages during the mount?

My SD became unmountable once when a directory got trashed and fsck couldn't repair it. Fortunately, I managed to fix it thanks to shell access and rooting. The usual recommendations I had read on web forums was a reformat.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Johan wrote:Perhaps there are problems with the file system or the card itself? Do you get any error messages during the mount?

My SD became unmountable once when a directory got trashed and fsck couldn't repair it. Fortunately, I managed to fix it thanks to shell access and rooting. The usual recommendations I had read on web forums was a reformat.
Indeed, backup and reformat would be what I would suggest.
ranaesq

Post by ranaesq »

Thanks all, I will give it a try.