Three weak poisons?

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Three weak poisons?

Post by lady black »

I have saved several different games with different skill sets and game paths since the market 6.10 came out. In my current version I put 5 skill points into magic finder and have stayed in the wyrm trainer and apprentice caves on the BWM mountaintop, still trying for an ElyR. Of the first 30 weak poisons added to my pre-update 501, 27 came from 9 kills that each dropped three weak poisons, with one drop of two w.p. and 1 of just one weak poison. Since then, most drops including poisons have been either 1 or 2 of them, with 3 poisons only a few times. I never had a triple poison drop before the new version, just single- or double-poison drops. Are triple-poison drops supposed to occur in version 6.10, or with five skill points in magic finder, or is this a bug?
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Three weak poisons?

Post by oskarwiksten »

Hi lady black,

the droplist for the monster type "wyrm_4" (the trainers) is implemented in the droplist resource file as "{pot_poison_weak|1|3|5|}", which means a 5% chance of dropping, with 1-3 items if the 5% chance happens. The quantity is selected as a random integer between 1 and 3 (inclusive), with a flat probability distribution. The droplist has not changed from v0.6.9 to v0.6.10 , so this was what the definition that was used in v0.6.9 as well.

The "Magic finder" skill only affects the drop chance roll, not the quantity roll. Also, the skill only affects items that are non-ordinary (having a colored background).

Maybe you are just getting luckier? :)
/Oskar
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

Thank you for the explanation, Oskar. I knew the magic finder skill was only supposed to affect the drop rate of the ElyR, in this case, but I never saw a drop of 3 weak poisons before. If any occurred, I must have just taken the 3 for a 2. As I was at 501 weak poisons (the point where I "should" have had an ElyR) when I updated, and have now added 139 with 5 magic finder skill points, still without an ElyR, I can't really agree that I have gotten any luckier. Since the only thing I can do with weak poisons is poison myself, accumulating them faster does not seem particularly lucky, and would seem to make figuring out how many wyrm trainers and apprentices have been slaughtered so far less accurate. Of course, the answer to that is "Not enough!" since I do not yet have the elusive ElyR.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

lady black wrote:Thank you for the explanation, Oskar. I knew the magic finder skill was only supposed to affect the drop rate of the ElyR, in this case, but I never saw a drop of 3 weak poisons before. If any occurred, I must have just taken the 3 for a 2. As I was at 501 weak poisons (the point where I "should" have had an ElyR) when I updated, and have now added 139 with 5 magic finder skill points, still without an ElyR, I can't really agree that I have gotten any luckier. Since the only thing I can do with weak poisons is poison myself, accumulating them faster does not seem particularly lucky, and would seem to make figuring out how many wyrm trainers and apprentices have been slaughtered so far less accurate. Of course, the answer to that is "Not enough!" since I do not yet have the elusive ElyR.
I was at 735 weak poisons before i heading down the mountain to search for the ROLS and now i am @ 3,449 small rocks with No ROLS or ELyR, Sad panda.

I noticed the 3 drops too and was wondering if it was a glitch.

Thanks for clearing that up guys and gals!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------