Wasted Potions (health already full)

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Re: Wasted Potions (health already full)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Black Wind wrote:
sdevaney wrote:So you all are telling me you are unable to drink something, unless you are thirsty? If I can drink something whenever I want so should my character. IMHO if you use a potion (or several potions) by accident you will eventually become more careful.
I agree with this, however it makes me wonder if there shouldn't be negative effects to potions sometimes.

When I'm not thirsty I can drink of course, but that drink can fall on a full stomach, in which case I at least feel sick. Since that's true, shouldn't we only be allowed a certain amount of potion in a set time before negative effects come with the potion's healing?

I'm not saying limit the amount we can take, just pointing out that IMO we should be able to overdo potion use and have it become toxic eventually. "Too much of a good thing"?
My little dude has had over 8,000 in his bag over his shoulder and was still able to fight. They must not be that big ;-)
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Black Wind wrote:
sdevaney wrote:So you all are telling me you are unable to drink something, unless you are thirsty? If I can drink something whenever I want so should my character. IMHO if you use a potion (or several potions) by accident you will eventually become more careful.
I agree with this, however it makes me wonder if there shouldn't be negative effects to potions sometimes.

When I'm not thirsty I can drink of course, but that drink can fall on a full stomach, in which case I at least feel sick. Since that's true, shouldn't we only be allowed a certain amount of potion in a set time before negative effects come with the potion's healing?

I'm not saying limit the amount we can take, just pointing out that IMO we should be able to overdo potion use and have it become toxic eventually. "Too much of a good thing"?
Short answer, no I don't think so. I can't think of one game that has that effect. But there are several that let you still use potions even when you do not need them. Granted on the other hand there are a few that don't let you use them unless you need them.

The point being there is no limit on how many you can buy/carry (other than how much money you have) so I don't think there should be a limit on when you can and cannot use a potion.

Also if something can be toxic in high dosages more than likely it would be toxic over time as well, I think most of us would be pretty screwed if that were the case here lol.
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

I wasn't really thinking of a certain game, I was simply thinking of real-world effects. But, since there's no limit to what we can carry, I guess I was overdoing the amount of in-game realism.

So now I vote "no" on my own suggestion. :D
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

sdevaney wrote:
Also if something can be toxic in high dosages more than likely it would be toxic over time as well, I think most of us would be pretty screwed if that were the case here lol.
Toxic enough to give you osteoporosis? :twisted:
P.S. I love how that caught on from a while ago and was cited recently. I'm on my phone, driving, so I can't look to see who it was... ;)

P.P.S. In light of others' posts, I have changed my mind and agree that it is a bad idea to have self-drinking potions. I vote "no" on that idea.
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I agree that no changes should be made to the potions. Keep the quick slots closed (or empty to cure "the lag") and you should not waste potions. Do not make the potions automatically administered, nor toxic. IMHO, they "ain't broke" so don't fix them.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

when i first posted about potion consumption,
i was very "tap-happy"
since then... i have relaxed & retract my prior suggestion

leave the potion system "as is" scott & oskar have bigger fish to fry.
thats my vote. just some thoughts...

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]