Wasted Potions (health already full)

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: potions..!!

Post by Pyrizzle »

Minos027 wrote:And how did we get to India?
here is how:
nyktos wrote:+1
i have suggested this too!
[dont let me drink a potion if im at full HP]
@ mirajp - what part of asia?
U.S.A here... just curious :D
Pyrizzle wrote:India!
I was answering Nyktos question. (sorry for any confusion)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Re: Wasted Potions (health already full)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

I do not like pop ups that you have to click out of. HATED the pop ups in the prison when you attacked those zombie things. I think it should prevent you from using any potion that won't alter your state. For instance, if you have full health and the potion just cures HP, you shouldn't be able to use it, but if it cures HP and cures actor conditions and you have one, you should be able to use it. [Similarly, if you use a potion of speed, and another one won't do anything more (I don't know if that's accurate, I've never tried it) it shouldn't be taken out of inventory.]

It would be far preferable if (as previously suggested) if you could have a function that would automatically drink potion X if you were at Y life or less, or at minimum, not let you drink a potion if you are Z HP away from full health, all values being set by the player, of course.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
mirajp1

Post by mirajp1 »

lol INDIA ...:P
sorry for off-topic

i like the idea of automatically drinking potions.
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

mirajp1 wrote:lol INDIA ...:P
sorry for off-topic

i like the idea of automatically drinking potions.
IMHO that would make the game way to easy, if you didnt have to pay attention to your HP then the game would get boring very quickly.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Bornain

Post by Bornain »

I agree, the game would become too easy. It's almost like having a game play itself! Wouldn't that be fun! Not.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

So you all are telling me you are unable to drink something, unless you are thirsty? If I can drink something whenever I want so should my character. IMHO if you use a potion (or several potions) by accident you will eventually become more careful. Remember the quick slot buttons minimize so there is less of a chance to accidentally tap them.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

sdevaney wrote:So you all are telling me you are unable to drink something, unless you are thirsty? If I can drink something whenever I want so should my character. IMHO if you use a potion (or several potions) by accident you will eventually become more careful. Remember the quick slot buttons minimize so there is less of a chance to accidentally tap them.
Outstanding point and I agree.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
qasur

Post by qasur »

tek wrote:
sdevaney wrote:So you all are telling me you are unable to drink something, unless you are thirsty? If I can drink something whenever I want so should my character. IMHO if you use a potion (or several potions) by accident you will eventually become more careful. Remember the quick slot buttons minimize so there is less of a chance to accidentally tap them.
Yeah, I actually run-around with the Quick Slots closed (even during battles too), I just essentially "triple-click" by clicking the Quick Slot box, then a potion, then close it for safety.
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

qasur wrote:
tek wrote:
Yeah, I actually run-around with the Quick Slots closed (even during battles too), I just essentially "triple-click" by clicking the Quick Slot box, then a potion, then close it for safety.
Same. That's what I do ad well.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

sdevaney wrote:So you all are telling me you are unable to drink something, unless you are thirsty? If I can drink something whenever I want so should my character. IMHO if you use a potion (or several potions) by accident you will eventually become more careful.
I agree with this, however it makes me wonder if there shouldn't be negative effects to potions sometimes.

When I'm not thirsty I can drink of course, but that drink can fall on a full stomach, in which case I at least feel sick. Since that's true, shouldn't we only be allowed a certain amount of potion in a set time before negative effects come with the potion's healing?

I'm not saying limit the amount we can take, just pointing out that IMO we should be able to overdo potion use and have it become toxic eventually. "Too much of a good thing"?