Cleave and Monsters with dialogue

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Cleave and Monsters with dialogue

Post by Mino »

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I was just noticing this.

If you have the Cleave skill, and you attack 2 monsters at once, but one of them initiates dialogue (in this case it was the Rotting Corpse), then it doesn't seem to count as a "mob attack". After killing the first monster (Walking Corpse), I don't gain 3 AP, but instead I have to press on the dialogue-monster (Rotting Corpse) and it starts a new attack (after the dialogue of "Flesh!" and either of the "By the Shadow I'll Slay You!" or "Yuck! What are you and what is that smell" response choices). So it counts as 2 separate attacks, even though you are next to both monsters at the same time.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Cleave and Monsters with dialogue

Post by oskarwiksten »

Good point. I'm not sure either whether we should classify that as a bug or a "feature". :) What happens is that the conversation script sets the monster to aggressive, which triggers the attack. I guess we could start using the new faction ratings after you have heard the banter of enough of the undead, to make all of them aggressive at once, hence not triggering the conversations.
I'll make a note that we should look into that.

Thanks for taking the time to report it, Mino!
/Oskar