v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

its been bugging me....

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
lord midnight

its been bugging me....

Post by lord midnight »

second inn is 10 gold, but you only pay once to use it forever....

post your its been bugging me below...
AND/OR's ...
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: its been bugging me....

Post by sdevaney »

Why does that bug you?
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

shouldn't it be per night ?

if not, then it should be higher, or like, renting a house, or clearing a dungeon to unlock a resting place.

personally, I think you should only save in you rest locations, like inns, houses you own, or camps if your skill is high enough, too easy to load and fight load and fight otherwise.
AND/OR's ...
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

lord midnight wrote:personally, I think you should only save in you rest locations, like inns, houses you own, or camps if your skill is high enough, too easy to load and fight load and fight otherwise.
I don't know if this is being considered, but if you can only save in rest locations, then there should be other changes to compensate for the amount of grinding currently needed for experience or money/items. If I leave a resting place, and manage to get a level up only to lose it all because a creature happened to get a critical hit before I could heal myself, its too much of a wasted effort. Being able to save at any time means you don't lose all your progress from one bad fight.

Some suggestions are an automatic save at every level up, and being able to warp to any point on the map you've already been to, so you don't risk dying on your way to a specific mission, and so you can warp to a save spot if you just got a big item.
lord midnight

Post by lord midnight »

I think a warp spell, rift spell and dungeon exit spells would be great.
These would of course require an entirely different magic system that what I am working on or the system oscar just wrote up.
AND/OR's ...
Crunkii305

Post by Crunkii305 »

If you can only save in certain locations then yes, we should need a spell to take us there incase we have something important to do like a phone call or use our gps.
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

Mino wrote:
lord midnight wrote:personally, I think you should only save in you rest locations, like inns, houses you own, or camps if your skill is high enough, too easy to load and fight load and fight otherwise.
I don't know if this is being considered, but if you can only save in rest locations, then there should be other changes to compensate for the amount of grinding currently needed for experience or money/items. If I leave a resting place, and manage to get a level up only to lose it all because a creature happened to get a critical hit before I could heal myself, its too much of a wasted effort. Being able to save at any time means you don't lose all your progress from one bad fight.

Some suggestions are an automatic save at every level up, and being able to warp to any point on the map you've already been to, so you don't risk dying on your way to a specific mission, and so you can warp to a save spot if you just got a big item.
You don't actually lose it all after you level up, you only lose a third of your current experience in the level.

For example, if you are at a level that requires 32,000 xp to complete, and you die at 30,000 xp you will lose 10,000 xp and respawn at home with all the stuff you collected. Your xp (within that level) will be 20,000.

If you are just starting a level and only have 300 xp (i.e. you just completed level 31 and are now trying for level 32 which requires approximately 52,000 xp to complete and you have only killed a couple of monsters) and you then die, you will lose a third of your active xp. You will find yourself respawned at home minus 100 xp.

The only way you will lose levels is if you choose not to use the level up to increase a strength stat. For example it only takes 225 xp to complete level two. You look down and realize you are at 3000/225 xp. I don't know how many levels that is, but if you die you will lose 1000 xp. If you level up and increase a stat, you lock in the experience and will not lose it if you die.

Hope that helps! Although portal spells would be cool. I hate having to travel through the whole length of the map through all of the monsters to get to where I want to go.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Am I the only one that only uses saves when going to stop playing, and doesn't restore the game after a death?

I think I have been playing roguelikes too much lately :roll:
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

You may be the only one playing that way. It seems fairer to do it your way, but it takes so long to get back all the experience points lost if you die when you have almost reached the next level. I sometimes continue the game rather than reloading from my last save, depending on how much additional gold I have gained compared to the experience lost. If I should get a ring of lesser shadow and then die before saving, I would definitely, absolutely, positively take the experience loss rather than reloading from a save without the ring!
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
ghrave

Post by ghrave »

Heh, I don't even save when I leave, I just back out and use continue current game when I come back. Seems to pick up exactly where I left off. Didn't even know about a save function until a few days in.
Level 19
Experience 121197
AP 3
Chance 144%
Damage 18-23
Crit chance 10%
Critic mult 2
Block chance 35%
RoLS 0
Rocks 201