Phone call ---> force close. Every time.

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Sam_the_Cat

Phone call ---> force close. Every time.

Post by Sam_the_Cat »

Hi, all:

Been following this game and forum for a few months now, and what a fun game it is! (And I love the way Oskar's running with the open development / involvement / communication model.)

Anyway, I think this may be part of what was being addressed in issues 165 and 166 on the project host page (both titled "FC from user reports"), but I'm not quite sure given my ineptitude with all things programming.

So, as the subject line of my post says, every time I receive a call, the game FCs, but never under any other circumstances. I'm running the latest update available on the Market (0.6.8) on a Moto Droid with Android 2.2.2, and frankly what puzzles me the most is the fact that I've not seen any other mention of this problem on these boards. Is it really old news that I somehow overlooked, or does no one else ever experience this?
RPGeek. RPGirl. RPGamer.

No character stats 'cause I keep starting over to kill time till next release...
Dreia

Re: Phone call ---> force close. Every time.

Post by Dreia »

I have this problem too.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

What phone models and Android versions do either of you have?
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

I run an Ally currently with 2.2.1 I believe, it also force closes if I access the web browser.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
Sam_the_Cat

Post by Sam_the_Cat »

sdevaney wrote:What phone models and Android versions do either of you have?
Copypasta from my original post:
"I'm running the latest update available on the Market (0.6.8) on a Moto Droid with Android 2.2.2"

(I swear, I'm not being a smarty-pants, just pointing out that I am just enough of a geek to know to submit that info the first time!) :)
RPGeek. RPGirl. RPGamer.

No character stats 'cause I keep starting over to kill time till next release...
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

My experience has been the same. I've only delayed reporting it so as not to add any additional delay to the availability of the next release.

I also am using a Motorola Droid, running Android OS version 2.2.2, with all of Verizon's available updates applied, and all preinstalled software is the latest release.

While playing Andor's Trail and a call comes in on my device, I receive the following pop up window with a Force Close button at it's bottom after taking or ignoring the call:
Sorry!
The application Andor's Trail (Process com.gpl.rpg.andorstrail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

On a positive note, upon pressing the Force Close button, I am able to restart the game, finding that it resumes right from where I left off as if from a clean save.
One of even fewer...
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Have any of you tried clearing your cache ??

I have had that happen with quite a few apps (not Andor's Trail) when my cache gets a little full.

There are a few apps out there that will do his for your rooted and non rooted Android devices.

Search "clear cache" in what ever app market you use.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Czar Kloos

Post by Czar Kloos »

Does all this happen when u guys get a call or when u answer it cuz this hasn't happened to me either.
Level: 18, XP: 102435
Gold: 5132, RoLS: 0, SR: 46

I take on one day at a time... unless they all decide to attack at once

Creator of Andor's Snuggie along with ctnbeh13