v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

game 'stalls' in combat mode

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
frchris
android_version: 4.0

game 'stalls' in combat mode

Post by frchris »

I have a very strange bug. It doesn't happen every time but sometimes when I enter into combat with a monster I can't attack or flee. It will happen when I initiate the attack and enter into combat. When I press the attack button nothing happens. The button flashes like I've pressed it but it doesn't do anything. If I press the flee button, the message: "you can now flee combat by clicking the direction you want to move" appears but nothing happens when I touch the screen. They only button up top that works is end turn.
I have 12 action points and move only cost me 4 (I have Valugha's hat and robe). I am using quickstrike dagger and I have Marrowtaint so attack cost is only 2 so it isn't because I don't have enough AP. And when it happens it only happens the first time I attack the monster.
I can bring up the stats screen (Overview, Quest, etc.) and can even use items (ie. if I use a heal potion it cost 5 AP and will heal me as it should) but when I return to the combat screen I cannot attack or flee. Even if I back out of the game and click Continue Game it still does the same thing. The only way around it is to stop the app and restart it. Then I can click Continue Game which takes me to where I left off (in combat) and then everything works just fine for awhile.
I have tested this on my ASUS tablet and my Droid RAZR. I thought it might be my character so I created a new one. Same problem. I've been playing for over a year and it just began with v. 0.6.12 and is still happening in v, 0.7.0. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no help.
Sorry for such a long post but I wanted to give as much info as possible. It has got me real confused and scratching my head. Any thought would be great. Thanks.
Last edited by frchris on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fr. Chris
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: game 'stalls' in combat mode

Post by sorrow »

I found that same bug today. I went and attacked a shadow gargoyle master. And same thing I couldn't attack or flee only end turn

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

just a shot in the dark, but...

you can long press on an enemy [to target him] Red Highlight

or...

long press an empty tile [to flee to that tile] White Highlight

if the target isn't in the right spot,
it will keep you stuck until you refocus your reticle.

i could be totally wrong - just a guess
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

nyktos wrote: just a shot in the dark, but...

you can long press on an enemy [to target him] Red Highlight

or...

long press an empty tile [to flee to that tile] White Highlight

if the target isn't in the right spot,
it will keep you stuck until you refocus your reticle.

i could be totally wrong - just a guess
Nice try Nyk, but this one is a bug. I got it as well a few days ago and it doesn't have anything to do with selecting an NPC... In fact i can still change targets but when this happens i am not able to attack or even flee.... at first i thought this might work to my advantage ((I almost got killed near Lodar's area while fetching a few things for him.... It's going to be a close call to get back to his place))

I am not able to get it to happen again on command and it seems like closing the app and restarting it fixes it for a bit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
positive

Post by positive »

I also noticed 2 times. (Once in Flagstone Prison, once in the way to Prim/BWM)
Both times I saved the game right after I entered a new map, and there was a monster near to the edge of the map, and I tried attacking the monsters in hurry just after the saved game was loaded. When I waited a few seconds everything went back to normal. However with reload I was able to reproduce it many times. I wanted to post that saved game here, but when I saved to a different slot the symptom was disappeared.
frchris

Post by frchris »

Thanks. It is good to know that it's not just me.
Just like you, Pyrizzle, I thought maybe there could be some advantage to this but I haven't found one yet. At least I know it's an ongoing bug that others are experiencing. If I find anything else I'll be sure to post on here. Thanks again.
Fr. Chris
OMGitsMe
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by OMGitsMe »

I know how to reproduce this glitch every time...

It is simple.
1. Approach the monster and initiate battle (also works fine if monter initiates.)
2. Press the "back" button (in the middle of combat) on your phone (or device) to return you to the title screen.
3. Press "continue saved game"

You will enter back into the battle, but will not be able to attack, or flee.

This will also happen if you "load" any game file after immediately pressing the "back" button during a combat phase.

I figured all this out while I was load/reload grinding for my GoW.

Basically, if you exit the game in a "combat phase" and immediately re-enter, combat will be glitched. Typically if you encounter this, it is because you load/reload a lot.
LVL: 56, HP: 77, EXP: 3140223, AP: 3/12
AC: 255%, AD: 51-65, C.HIT: 54, C.Multi: 3.0, ECC: 27%, BC:40%
RoLS: 2 RoL: 1 GoLF: 1 ShaF: 1 <~~~ Look at my tiny collection :D
The criticals come often, and hit HARD!
kris772628
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by kris772628 »

This happens to me about every 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it does it back to back, and sometimes i can randomly go an hour without it happening. If I dont close the game all the way out and then forceclose it from there the "stall" is still in effect. I am using a Motorolla Razor Maxx if this helps.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

kris772628 wrote:This happens to me about every 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it does it back to back, and sometimes i can randomly go an hour without it happening. If I dont close the game all the way out and then forceclose it from there the "stall" is still in effect. I am using a Motorolla Razor Maxx if this helps.
Thank you for letting us know! We are working on a solution to this.

one question: Do you load and reload your game files a lot?

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

jlhromeo
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by jlhromeo »

This also happens to me frequently and I'm convinced its the back button contributing to the issue when continuing/loading games. I too need to force close the app when it happens. On a samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.1.2.
Heeeeeey you guys!