Forum connection issues

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Krimson Rose
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Forum connection issues

Post by Krimson Rose »

Sorry my first post is an issue I am having. Not really the way I wanted to join. Here goes anyhow:

The last few days i have had major issues connecting with the forum. I am using a Lucid 2, Google Chrome, android version 4.1.2. I have also tried using other browsers, but the issue happens regardless. I have visited many other sites with no issues, and I my connection is at least 2 bars on a 4g network. (No wifi as of yet, need to contact my provider to get updates.) 'Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to andorstrail.com' is the page error that keeps popping up. I click on the bottom of the page at the link that says 'Why am I seeing this page?' The two reasons it gives are browser issues (but i tested others and got the same issue) or the page might temporarily be down. If i hit refresh at least half a dozen times the page will finally load, but most times this takes over 2 dozen tries. Having to do this for each page in the forums is incredibly irritating.

I have not tested if I would have the same issue on a PC yet, but I will probably this weekend. I also have not tested if being on a wifi network would change the outcome since my phone is not compatible with my service provider's router as of right now. If there is some issue going on on the forum's end though, I wanted to bring it to your attention. (If i am the only one with issues though it might just be my phone (>_<).)

Sorry for the long winded post, but i know with bugs/gliches the more information the better. Thanks for your time and keep up the good work on this wonderfully community supported and driven game!

~KR
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Forum connection issues

Post by sorrow »

Hi rose and welcome to the forum. The issue you are having I have had to. What I found is if your in your home in some spots internet wont work. So it might be that. Also when was the last time you turned your phone off for a long period of time I.e. when. You go to bed. Smart phones are like computers and need to be shut off otherwise you will miss phone calls text and internet problems. Also you can retry clearing your cookies and search history.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

welcome to the forums!

sorry it's under such harsh conditions...

this might be a horrible question, but -
have you cleared your mobile browser's "Cache / Memory"?

just taking a guess, but..
sometimes it gets backed up & slows down everything on a handheld browser.

two other things?

- it might be our recent anti-spam protocol, can you visit other web pages?

- are you using your stock browser? (what came on your phone)

===========================================

im gonna double post, and try to guess some answers...
since connectivity is an issue.

- a better browser?
Dophin, Firefox or Maxthon....
(just for starters - to see what you like)

- cleaning your cache / memory?
go to Settings>Applications>Manage appliations and tap on an app. You've got a bunch of buttons and numbers. The top buttons are pretty self-explanatory -- force stop makes an app quit. Uninstall either uninstalls an app -- or if it's permanently loaded onto the phone (like the Android Market should be), you'll have the option to uninstall updates.

But when we have a misbehaving app, first thing we'll try is to clear the cache. That wipes out temporary files that might be causing trouble. Your app's still there, as are all your settings.

Clearing data is a little more drastic, basically giving you a clean installation of the app, with all of your settings and log-ins returned to zero. It's pretty much the same as uninstalling and reinstalling, just quicker.

So if you're having trouble with an app, try clearing then cache, or go all-out and clear data and see if that doesn't do it for you.
[quoted from Android Central - to save me typing]
[/b]
Last edited by nyktos on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: double post combined
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I've recently been getting an occasional error, something about too many people trying to connect.. Usually it has cleared up quickly, so I haven't delved into it or even memorized the exact message to post. This is with my stock phone browser. I don't know if there is any, um, connection with your problem .... just thought I'd toss that in as a possibility.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Krimson Rose

Post by Krimson Rose »

Thank you all for your prompt replies! I just cleared my cache, my browsing history and cookies. I don't think that was the problem because clicking on post reply took 14 tries.

I will shut off my phone tonight to let it rest. That was a very good point.

I am using the stock browser (Chrome) which happens to be my fav browser on PC. I have tried Firefox and Opera on my phone though to test it, and still have the issue, so I don't think it is browser related.

My hub comes home tonight (Yay!) so I will test using the laptop to browse.

Still have no other issues with other websites. I spent some time yesterday just browsing and no issues with other sites. Hopefully the issue will resolve with my phone rebooting.

Thanks again for all your help so quickly!

KR

sorrow

Post by sorrow »

your welcome KR hope things work out for you.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
L/E
Krimson Rose

Post by Krimson Rose »

I started browsing for a while on my PC using Chrome and no issues. It may just be my phone for which I may be doomed. :x ("I'm gonna sing the doom song now!" :twisted: ) I will still try shutting off my phone tonight to see if I continue to have issue tomorrow. I have a feeling that if I want to go to the forums, it will have to be on a PC though. Makes it easier to post at least - right?

KR
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Krimson Rose wrote:
I started browsing for a while on my PC using Chrome and no issues. It may just be my phone for which I may be doomed. :x ("I'm gonna sing the doom song now!" :twisted: ) I will still try shutting off my phone tonight to see if I continue to have issue tomorrow. I have a feeling that if I want to go to the forums, it will have to be on a PC though. Makes it easier to post at least - right?

KR
I hope you are able to connect ok from your PC.

Welcome to the Forums Miss Rose. "May the odd be ever in your favor, happy hunger games!" ;)

Ps Love your Mockingjay picture!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

That was a great movie. I need to read the books I also wanna see the real version

Sorrow

skills:
L/E
Krimson Rose

Post by Krimson Rose »

PC connection seems to be fine, so I will just use the PC to browse on the forums. My phone just seems to be temperamental when it comes to the forums.

Loved the movie when I saw it, borrowed the book from my sis (only the first) and now I can't wait until November 22 for the second movie to come out. I think I will wait to read the rest of the books until after I see the movie (cause books are usually better).

As far as odds, not really in my favor with my phone. I hope they will be more in my favor as I continue to farm for the RoLs. :twisted:

Any way I think this thread is pretty much done. Is there a way to close it?

KR