v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

"An involuntary carrier" bug

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: "An involuntary carrier" bug

Post by rijackson741 »

nyktos wrote: i still think there is a hint, already in game...

i might be wrong.

again, it should be reiterated when you talk to Talion.
If there was a hint, I missed it completely. Even if there was a hint, he drops a quest item that you get automatically when you kill him, so it would be easy to assume you had what was needed.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

rijackson741 wrote:
nyktos wrote: i still think there is a hint, already in game...

i might be wrong.

again, it should be reiterated when you talk to Talion.
If there was a hint, I missed it completely. Even if there was a hint, he drops a quest item that you get automatically when you kill him, so it would be easy to assume you had what was needed.
just so we are on the same page:

i totally agree!

:D

there needs to be more info given,
because this is not the first time it has happened.

[leading me to believe that there is NO info at all about him dropping stuff]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

OK. I leave it up to the masters to decide how to address the problem.

The advantage of playing a game that's in beta is that there's often a chance for extra experience points when working around bugs or accidental omissions :mrgreen:
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

rijackson741 wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:
I agree, maybe some more dialog should be created or at least a little hint.
IMHO, it's not consistent with the rest of the game otherwise (at least, the parts of it I have played, which I admit at this point is limited). In every other quest there has always been something to point you in the right direction, but in this case you can wind up completely in the dark about what you have to do next.
i agree 100% this doesn't seem to be the same as the other quests in A.T.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I'm not saying the I'm perfect, but I always walk over where a boss was standing.
Come on people, this is RPG 101. Learn to explore.

Maybe when difficulty settings are introduced this will include a toast message in a lower difficulty setting.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Walking over him evidently would have been a good idea, yes. But, first, the lack of any hint (either before or after killing him) that you should do this is inconsistent with all the other quests (that I have completed anyway, which is a long way from all of them). More importantly, IMHO, is that the subsequent dialogue is not just completely uninformative, it's misleading. The only option I got when speaking with Talion was for me to say that I had not killed him, even though I had. When a user is faced with that what are they going to do? Go back down on the off chance that walking around where you killed him will fix the problem in some way, or just give up? I suspect in most cases the latter, and if the user doesn't have a save game they can revert to before they became infected (which would not be smart, but is entirely possible) they might give up on the game, not just the quest. On the other hand, if, for example, Talion suggested that he had heard the Lich was guarding something, and if you could recover what he was guarding he might be able to cure you, that would be a great lesson about exploring before leaving, and would also leave the user with a way out.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

rijackson741 wrote:
Walking over him evidently would have been a good idea, yes. But, first, the lack of any hint (either before or after killing him) that you should do this is inconsistent with all the other quests (that I have completed anyway, which is a long way from all of them). More importantly, IMHO, is that the subsequent dialogue is not just completely uninformative, it's misleading. The only option I got when speaking with Talion was for me to say that I had not killed him, even though I had. When a user is faced with that what are they going to do? Go back down on the off chance that walking around where you killed him will fix the problem in some way, or just give up? I suspect in most cases the latter, and if the user doesn't have a save game they can revert to before they became infected (which would not be smart, but is entirely possible) they might give up on the game, not just the quest. On the other hand, if, for example, Talion suggested that he had heard the Lich was guarding something, and if you could recover what he was guarding he might be able to cure you, that would be a great lesson about exploring before leaving, and would also leave the user with a way out.
Excellently well put point. +1

The Quest log and the dialog with the NPC are both VERY misleading.

I'm sure that if we just changed a line or two we could get this quest to feel like a better fit.
Antison wrote:I'm not saying the I'm perfect, but I always walk over where a boss was standing.

Maybe when difficulty settings are introduced this will include a toast message in a lower difficulty setting.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:
rijackson741 wrote:
Excellently well put point. +1

The Quest log and the dialog with the NPC are both VERY misleading.

I'm sure that if we just changed a line or two we could get this quest to feel like a better fit.
Antison wrote:I'm not saying the I'm perfect, but I always walk over where a boss was standing.

+1 for you my fried friend !
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
positive
android_version: 4.0

Post by positive »

In addition:
- You can't tell Urlifendor that you have met the guardian, if you went there before him. You have to crawl forth and back the dungeon again for the already exposed phrase.
- The ritual can't be proceeded and be interrupted if the helmet is worn. There is no hint to take off the helmet. (Actually, I do not feel the manually removal should be really necessary.)
bjmgeek
android_version: 8.0

Post by bjmgeek »

rijackson741 wrote:
I agree. I don't like only having one option when talking to Talion, and that is to lie and say that I haven't killed him yet.