No Save/Game Statistics - S4 Mini

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
TheKillerMonkey
android_version: 4.2

No Save/Game Statistics - S4 Mini

Post by TheKillerMonkey »

Recently got the S4 Mini and got the game since a friend played.

Apparently I'm missing a few features..... On the overview screen, the lowest I can scroll to is "Base combat statistics".. I'm not able to see game statistics.

With the adventuring screen, when I click the chest I only have 2 options.. the map (which crashes the game when it tries to load) and quick slots. I believe there are suppose to be 4 options.

-Monkey
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: No Save/Game Statistics - S4 Mini

Post by PK17 »

Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good, anybody with the same device model have this issue or a resolution for this guy (or girl)?... ahem... this monkey

And welcome to the forums, I'm sure someone who has a bit more knowledge on this scenario will be by to give you some help shortly, we are pretty good about that. If you have any other questions in the meantime or in the future please don't hesitate to ask, just please try using the forum search at the top first. It is extremely useful for finding answers.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
TheKillerMonkey

I believe it does have something to do with screen size. If I switch orientation, just trying to get to my character overview crashes the game.

-Monkey
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Sorry to hear that you are currently unable to enjoy playing a normal session of Andor's Trail.

Unfortunately, as many believe, Samsung released an Android OS update to version 4.3 to Galaxy S 4 owners, and then to those with a S III, in some cases, just days before Christmas, to allow the Samsung Galaxy Gear to be compatible with these devices and their variants, in hopes of selling more units of the heavily marketed "watch". The probable priority of profit may have interfered with the proper testing to ensure stable and reliable device performance. An interesting array of similar problems among owners of S 4's & S III's have surfaced upon installing the OTA update.

Well, let's get started with reviewing and confirming some basics.

Did you download and install Andor's Trail from the Google Play Store, which should be version 0.7.0? Please feel free to elaborate if you answer here is no.

It would probably be beneficial if you were to upload a screenshot with a post, of the displayed screen, after navigating to your device's "Settings", then the "More" tab, and then "About phone", and scrolling to where "Model number" is at the top of your screen (in portrait mode). This should eliminate weeding out some of the helpful details necessary for the process of elimination that will narrow down the potential source of these issues you are experiencing.

Hopefully, as PK17 suggested, someone here can help you with your issues. May you never hear the words "Factory Reset". :shock:
One of even fewer...
TheKillerMonkey

Attached are 3/4 Screenshots.

I have version 0.6.12 which I downloaded from the google play store (4.5.10)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheKillerMonkey

Phone Settings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Thank you for the additional screenshots of the game itself. I'm fairly confident that doing so identified the issue. Unfortunately, you do not have an authentic build of Andor's Trail on your device. Please discontinue playing this version. I will return to edit this post to offer more detailed information on fully deleting (fingers crossed) this hacked copy from your device, scanning your device for malware, and then installing the genuine article.
One of even fewer...
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

this is not the authentic version of andor's trail!!! We have no ads.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
TheKillerMonkey

Not necessarily the answer that I was hoping for, but at least its more my end than the games lol. I think I found the right one this time... 7.0, no ads, and I have the save game feature and game statistics. Just glad I posted the issues instead of going on with it.
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

On a personal note, I have found 3rd party apps more effective and reliable in completely shutting down and closing a running application, than using the Android OS' "Force stop" option.

To uninstall the counterfeit version of Andor's Trail, first start off by navigating to your device's "Settings", then the "More" tab, then "Application manager", where you can select "Andor's Trail". After having done so, select the "Force stop" button, make sure that the "Show notifications" box is unchecked. "Turn off" may be an option here, but shouldn't be. If it is, select to do so (if not grayed out). Hopefully, under the title of "Storage" where you'll see "SD card data", it will display "0.00B", which should be the case if you haven't ever selected the "Move to SD card" option. If you have chosen this option, reasonable argument can be made for either undoing this move, or leaving it alone entirely, given the circumstances.

The final steps for this stage are to select (if not grayed out) "Clear defaults", then "Clear cache", then "Clear data", and lastly, "Uninstall".

I decided not to amend my original post since your follow up suggested that you seem to have satisfactorily moved forward. Therefore, I will omit the details of manual file deletion and malware scanning.

An app that I would recommend for more in depth file system navigation would be ES File Explorer, available at the Google Play Store here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndroid.pop

Two of the top rated (in tested effectiveness) security type apps that I would recommend picking and installing the one of your choice, would be either Lookout Security & Antivirus, which can be found at the Google Play Store here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... om.lookout

Or, Antivirus and Mobile Security from TrustGo, which can be found at the Google Play Store here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.security

The official release of Andor's Trail available at the Google Play Store can be found here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndorsTrail
One of even fewer...