the "hold" function

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Kokuma
android_version: 3.0

the "hold" function

Post by Kokuma »

I'm not sure whether if this is intended or a bug, but I'm just posting so that you know

that said, there are two things related to the "hold" function (pressing the power button shortly to turn off your screen without killing your game)
these are not that important(you can still play the game without much inconvenience) and doesn't really need fixing.

first, the game still runs when you use the hold function, so when you use hold to pause the game, it results in seeing your char being attacked after you resume the game almost all the time

now, the interesting one is this one:
as you know, after you kill mobs, you automatically loot it. you can't refuse to pick up loot except when you use the "show loot box" or "show loot only when picking up items" option on the preference screen. and even then, you can't refuse to pick up gold.

HOWEVER, when the hold function gets involved, it gets interesting.
when fighting two(or more) enemies at the same time, killed one(or more if your'e fighting more than two), and that mob dropped loot(items, gold, or both), and then you use the hold function,
and finish the battle, the char only picks up loot dropped by the mobs killed after you used the hold function. the loot dropped before that simply stays on the ground as three yellow bags, and it doesn't matter if it is ONLY GOLD.

you CAN pick it up(as I said, these bugs(intended maybe?) doesn't hinder your gameplay, it's just bothersome), but it's quite interesting that you can refuse to pick up gold, which is impossible under normal circumstances.
Kokuma
android_version: 3.0

Re: the "hold" function

Post by Kokuma »

ctnbeh13 wrote: The above being said, I should mention that I believe it may be a considerably more chosen option for an individual playing Andor's Trail, to either touch their device's back button (which will take you to the startup screen while saving your progress), or to touch the Hero icon to enter part of the player menu system, prior to turning off the power to the device's screen. I would highly recommend going with one of the two aforementioned options at this time. I especially wish to stress this a bit as your last statement in your post of "under normal circumstances" is subject to interpretation based on common usage. Don't worry, it's okay to have a different opinion. ;)
well, I have been using that method since the hold button doesn't work, but iv'e just wrote it just in case it WAS a bug.
as I said, it isn't that much of a problem that needs fixing..

but the gold part is quite interesting..(which is mainly why I wrote this post)
the part about the game not pausing when you use hold was just an addition since it also concerns the hold function

thanks for the reply :)