escape no attack

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
BadKarma
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

escape no attack

Post by BadKarma »

If I have to run I cant engage a target till i clear the area. is this common?
Member 2666
"Only the dead are free"
Player: StaticX
Arzhel
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: escape no attack

Post by Arzhel »

You should be able to re-engage a target if you click the "end turn" button as long as your combat window is still open. I have run into this issue on occasion myself.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

You can long-press on an adjacent monster to reengage it.
This also enables you to change your target in a multi-mob fight.
Long pressing somewhere else disengages, and allows to try to flee without hitting the"flee" button.

I agree it is kind of counter intuitive, and the focus given to the targeted mob is not visible enough.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
BadKarma

Post by BadKarma »

Ok so long pressed gets to attack. got it and changing targets is great i never knew that can be done so kool thanks. many times i run cuz i need to pick new targets. thanks guys.
Member 2666
"Only the dead are free"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I have thought about posting something on this subject myself. When you first engage a monster it says "Do you want to attack?". This is rather misleading, because if you select "yes", you engage the monster, but you do not automatically attack as your first move. The buttons available when you first engage are "Attack", "End turn", and "Flee", all of which do exactly what they say. What is not obvious, because there is no button for it, is that you have a fourth option, which is to use an item (for example, drink a potion). If you select "Flee", but fail to flee, the buttons then say ""Move", "End turn", and "Flee". "End turn" and "Flee" again do exactly what they say, but selecting "Move" results in an attack. Why does the text on the button change when I fail to flee? Maybe it's just me, but I find this really confusing and illogical. Is there a reason for it? What do other people think?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
BadKarma

Post by BadKarma »

It will be helpful to new players to know how consumables are used right away. Say fighting the small rats outside the home for the tails. Make it tutorials based to use an item. So the player has a chance at understanding it. This might be posted already.
Member 2666
"Only the dead are free"