v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

AP 11 manually end turn

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Miker
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

AP 11 manually end turn

Post by Miker »

Hi,

I searched here to see if this has been reported, and didn't see anything back to 2014..

From reading on the search I understand "why" it does this but I think if you tap the screen or attack button it should attack regardless if left over points...

Ok see here's the issue, I have the jewel of fallhaven, which lowers your attack AP by 1, I recently bought the ?skull crusher? From the wood cutters, which has an AP if 7 6 with the jewel... Now if I don't kill in the 1st attack I have to end turn manually for every attack, which is a huge PITA, now if I unequip the jewel it ends the turn the way it should...

I get that you can drink potions or whatever with the extra AP, but if I want to attack it should just do it like it does without the jewel equipped, which there is still left over AP, maybe not enough to do anything with... But still...

Mike
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: AP 11 manually end turn

Post by Zukero »

I wouldn't want that to be the default behavior, especially during mindless bashing.
However, adding a setting to allow automatically ending the turn on a double tap when you don't have enough AP to attack could be an option.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

If you're too annoyed by it, you could always un-equip your JoF. You wouldn't lose a swing with it, and you'd be able to equip another necklace that was better anyway.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Miker

Post by Miker »

Ya actually that's what I did, as I just got the stone armour and it was doing it with that too...

Double tap would work, but hell my last weapon was 3 so with the max at 11 right now, and died a bunch of times without counting my taps to make sure I'd atleast have a hit left if I need to heal... Basically that's the default action for a smooth combat..
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

You just described exactly the situation that makes me say that the default is fine as-is. At least, if you have to go to the preferences to set it up, you know what to expect.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Miker

Post by Miker »

Ya true, but I save a bunch, obviously, so it's not such a loss... But hitting end turn when your grinding can be extremely tedious...

But ya your idea makes more sense... As I'd probably have it set when I'm not encountering this issue...

Another 10 levels and I'll be at 12ap so that'll solve it for now I just have the JoF unequipped..