v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Character stuck in front of tavern north of vilegard area for inventory search disallowed substances

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
emaginasyon
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Character stuck in front of tavern north of vilegard area for inventory search disallowed substances

Post by emaginasyon »

As title says my character is stuck in foaming foam tavern, Disallowed Substances quest as soldiers cannot surround my character.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Character stuck in front of tavern north of vilegard area for inventory search disallowed substances

Post by Antison »

We will have to look into a solution. Probably moving that wall.

In the meantime, can you sleep in the tavern?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Gonk
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Character stuck in front of tavern north of vilegard area for inventory search disallowed substances

Post by Gonk »

Can you try to click one of the soldiers to the left of the hero and talk to him.
emaginasyon

Post by emaginasyon »

Gonk wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:36 pm Can you try to click one of the soldiers to the left of the hero and talk to him.
Sorry for the late reply. Couldn't sleep in tavern and this is what I get when I speak to the guard. Sorry different character lol. Spoke to the NPC, NPC did as per instruction confiscated bonemeal. Only because I had 'em on me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

After they checked you they should leave again, so that you are free to walk away. Or doesn't that work?
Nut
emaginasyon

Post by emaginasyon »

Nut wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:19 am After they checked you they should leave again, so that you are free to walk away. Or doesn't that work?
It does work, they walk away. Thank you very much for the attention to the problem might want to leave this as a guide so that others get an idea in case they get caught in the same situation. Resolution: Should click next if you carry Bonemeal potions, Soldiers will confiscate said potion then leave. Unsure though, as to what would happen if you don't carry any bonemeal potions at that point. Untested yet.
Antison

Post by Antison »

If you are not carrying any Bonemeal, then they basically tell you to have a good day and leave.

Just out of curiosity, what stopped you from sleeping in the tavern?
emaginasyon

Post by emaginasyon »

Antison wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:00 pm If you are not carrying any Bonemeal, then they basically tell you to have a good day and leave.

Just out of curiosity, what stopped you from sleeping in the tavern?
Wait, did you mean sleep at the tavern even before the thing with the guards? If so my previous character had stayed there no problems, why?

Regarding the current concern with the guards. There's now an option to bypass the wait time for them to surround you by speaking to at least one of them. So yeah, that's another great solution, thanks.

Any chance we can engage them in combat to get those bonemeals back? Feyguard seems to be composed of a bunch of jerks anyway based on lore. If I carry a full stack of bonemeals that's an easy 2.5k gold worth. I don't want to be refarming that much, as it's already grindy to pack that much gold for bonemeals. Unless, I'm already dealing with blackwater/prim monsters, and unless more lore/info behind the ban could be explained. This would make getting to blackwater settlement, that much more difficult because we need the bonemeals to traverse the unforgiving mountain regions of blackwater.

Tl;dr: Can we get the option to beat the crap outta them? 2.5k gold isn't easy to farm in the lower levels.
Antison

Post by Antison »

There needs to be consequences for breaking the law. I'm not in favor of being able to attack the guards. And at the very least I'm not in favor of "beat[ing] the crap outta [of] them". You should have to be at level 30 or 35 to be able to do this. And even if we were going to allow this, it should have significant consequences when you get to Feygard
emaginasyon

Post by emaginasyon »

All good then. :D