v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

This world is too small for TWO wardens...

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Einsame Hirte
android_version: 13 - Android 13

This world is too small for TWO wardens...

Post by Einsame Hirte »

The "Path to the Duleian Road" quest involves instructions to "talk to the Warden". When I came across that, I'd already killed the (undead) Flagstone prison warden, and was sure I'd screwed up. I figured I'd missed something in the dialogue and left myself with an unsolvable quest.

I only just now realized that it's referring to the guy in the jail in Fallhaven. This could be my fault for assuming wrong, but he is called the "guard captain" in the "Night Visit" quest, so I think it could be considered a bug. It's confusing, at least.

I'd suggest staying with the "guard captain" name. A warden is the head of a prison like Flagstone, not a tiny little jail. "Sheriff" or "deputy" could be other names, but they don't really fit with the atmosphere of the game.

Love the game, though, and the new updates are great! I spent many, many hours playing though an earlier version when I had a LOT of free time and Andor's Trail was pretty much the only decent game available (let's just say I'm something of an authority on wardens...) Thanks a lot for all of the hard work!
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: This world is too small for TWO wardens...

Post by rijackson741 »

Einsame Hirte wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:01 am The "Path to the Duleian Road" quest involves instructions to "talk to the Warden". When I came across that, I'd already killed the (undead) Flagstone prison warden, and was sure I'd screwed up. I figured I'd missed something in the dialogue and left myself with an unsolvable quest.

I only just now realized that it's referring to the guy in the jail in Fallhaven. This could be my fault for assuming wrong, but he is called the "guard captain" in the "Night Visit" quest, so I think it could be considered a bug. It's confusing, at least.

I'd suggest staying with the "guard captain" name. A warden is the head of a prison like Flagstone, not a tiny little jail. "Sheriff" or "deputy" could be other names, but they don't really fit with the atmosphere of the game.
Thanks. I'll look into this.
Einsame Hirte wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:01 am Love the game, though, and the new updates are great! I spent many, many hours playing though an earlier version when I had a LOT of free time and Andor's Trail was pretty much the only decent game available (let's just say I'm something of an authority on wardens...) Thanks a lot for all of the hard work!
We have had a couple of comments from others with extensive experience of wardens ;)
I reached out to the company that supplies that tablet, just to check that they were complying with the licensing terms. They refuse to reply. That might imply that they are not complying with our terms, and they know it. Which, rather ironically, means they may be breaking the law. At a minimum, they are extremely rude, since they profit off what we provide for free.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

It's a little ugly. Farrik refers to the Guard Captain and the Warden in different parts of his conversation :roll: . I'll fix this.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Nothing like fixing 10 year old dialog.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Already done. The bill is in the mail to Oskar :lol: