v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Experience bug for initial Graveyard kills?

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Experience bug for initial Graveyard kills?

Post by Growler »

Not sure if this is a bug or just a 1-time glitch, but it was kinda heart-breaking :(

Finally ground up to level 49 and felt ready to tackle the Graveyard (had tried it a few times prior with poor luck) and this time survived the initial onslaught! Yay! Slogged through perhaps 20+ Undead in one long battle..but then when the 'Victory' screen popped up, it showed only 447 experience pts..?! -which would be equal to having killed just one of the 'angry' ones.
Should have been in the ballpark of ~8,000 exp pts.

For ref, did a screen capture and it shows:
447 exp pts
Bones (3)
Wooden Club
Note: can see the 3 squares (each with those 3 little bags of gold) which clearly indicates having just killed at least 3..tho it was of course far more..think closer to 20~25 total = one looong battle-slog.

Does this sound like a potential bug or just a 1-time glitch?
I did a save just prior, so could go back & slog thru again if that's helpful for assessing.
Btw, right after that initial long slog (at the entrance), I moved down a few squares and fought another 8~10 and got what seemed an appropriate # of exp pts.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Experience bug for initial Graveyard kills?

Post by rijackson741 »

If it's a one time glitch, that is a bug. But we have not heard of this before, and if we can't reproduce a bug that only happens very occasionally it's very hard to fix. But it is noted, so if anyone else sees something like this please report it.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

This issue isn't completely new to us. I remember that we had this a long time ago already, with another NPC, but anyway I don't know the reason for that either.
Nut
Growler

Post by Growler »

Thanks for the feedback, and yeah I completely understand (from doing tech diags) that it's hard if not impossible to fix bugs/issues that you can't reproduce readily. I'll be going back soon (after completing the GM/Lodar's run) and take another stab..kinda literally ;) at the Graveyard. Will see if bug repeats.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Nut wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:18 pm This issue isn't completely new to us. I remember that we had this a long time ago already, with another NPC, but anyway I don't know the reason for that either.
Oh, I just noticed that I have answered the wrong post. My answer doesn't make much sense here ... :oops:
Nut
Growler

Post by Growler »

Nut wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:45 pm
Nut wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:18 pm This issue isn't completely new to us. I remember that we had this a long time ago already, with another NPC, but anyway I don't know the reason for that either.
Oh, I just noticed that I have answered the wrong post. My answer doesn't make much sense here ... :oops:
Thankfully, ye had DR7! (that's factorial..so you ain't taking Any damage!) :P
~~~
Growler

Post by Growler »

Just had same issue in another situation. This time in the first cave after leaving Lodar's place.
Fought 4~5 various Hirathils + 2~3 Cave Bats but only showed 537 exp pts instead of approx 2,000.
All one continuous battle.

It's possible the displayed amount is wrong, but I'm still getting the correct exp pts.
Not a big deal, just offering feedback.
~~~
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

This is odd as I've been playing this game for over 10 years and I have never experienced this, nor have I ever seen anybody reporting such an issue. This is definitely something that we should look into.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Growler

Post by Growler »

Antison wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:08 am This is odd as I've been playing this game for over 10 years and I have never experienced this, nor have I ever seen anybody reporting such an issue. This is definitely something that we should look into.
FWIW, I haven't noticed it happening again and I've been back thru that Lodar's cave portion at least 2 times (incl getting mobbed each time, thus racking up lots of exp pts post-battle).
Trying to keep an eye out for such and will report if happens again.
~~~
Growler

Post by Growler »

Just went back and finished the Graveyard..keeping an eye out for issues re Exp Pts, but seemed to get the right amount every time, including after a few long slogs.

Btw, it was pretty nice to Finally master that tricky Graveyard!
And the chest item was pretty nice..tho surprised it didn't have crit capabilities, but even so..very nice.
~~~