Some Bugs

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
oox

Some Bugs

Post by oox »

Hi everyone,
first thanks to everyone involved in the new release. Great work, I've been waiting a long time for this to come!

I've been reading this forum for quite some time now and wanted to share some findings playing the new version:

1)
I think the Venomous Cave Snake in the Snake Cave gives to much exp. 79 points seems to much to at the early stage in the game when the cave is played and compared to the Tough Cave Snake giving 30 points.

2)
Not a bug but I play the game in portrait mode. Some of the newly inserted maps between Crossglen and Fallhaven only have a width of 11 tiles so the map is not fullscreen anymore. In indoor maps this is no problem, but on the outdoor maps it breaks the impression of having one continuous map, at least for me.

3)
Sometimes, when entering a new map, only one tile is drawn util I move. Sometimes also FC when entering a new map.
I'm using a HTC Desire.
kabbie1882

Re: Some Bugs

Post by kabbie1882 »

I think the Venomous Cave Snake in the Snake Cave gives to much exp. 79 points seems to much to at the early stage in the game when the cave is played and compared to the Tough Cave Snake giving 30 points.
The Venomous Cave Snake snakes only drop experience, gold and meat. Tough Cave Snakes drop other items to balance it out a little. Just my guess anyway.
Not a bug but I play the game in portrait mode. Some of the newly inserted maps between Crossglen and Fallhaven only have a width of 11 tiles so the map is not fullscreen anymore. In indoor maps this is no problem, but on the outdoor maps it breaks the impression of having one continuous map, at least for me.
This happens on the Samsung Vibrant and Nook Color also. Some maps just aren't as wide as other. Not a problem for me bu others have posted about it before.
Sometimes, when entering a new map, only one tile is drawn util I move. Sometimes also FC when entering a new map.
I'm using a HTC Desire.
Have you tried clearing your cache ? Sometimes Android devices (older ones) can't handle the cache like they should have. This can cause FC issues when no other cause can be found. It is an idea that has worked for me before.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
oox

Post by oox »

I don't know if the exp amount per monster is calculated or fixed, but I thought that the fact that the Venomous Snake now has minor poisoning is the cause. However it is only 1 round of minor poisoning causing 1 damage point and you get as much exp as fighting a Bone Warrior in Flagstone.

As for cleaning the cache, I'll try that. Thanks for the hint.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

oox wrote:I don't know if the exp amount per monster is calculated or fixed, but I thought that the fact that the Venomous Snake now has minor poisoning is the cause.
You are right of this. Currently there is a fixed amount for a active condition of 50 xp. That should be adjusted later.

The new small maps are gapfillers. Previously there were gaps between the maps so a world map was not possible.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0