Not bugs but typos...

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

Re: Not bugs but typos...

Post by SirGrindsalot »

Lysian Marrow extract is sold for 400 gold but the quest text states 800 gold
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

SirGrindsalot wrote:Lysian Marrow extract is sold for 400 gold but the quest text states 800 gold
True and if you are sided with Prim those are sold for 800 gold and log says 400 :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

SirGrindsalot wrote:Lysian Marrow extract is sold for 400 gold but the quest text states 800 gold
Ah, good find. The price that you get depends on whether you help certain people earlier. It is supposed to give you either a quest log stating 800 as price, or 400 as the discounted price, but it seems that those two questlog rows have switched places with each other. You still get the correct price in the conversation though. I'll change places on those two quest log rows for the next release. Good find, and thanks for reporting it!
/Oskar
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

oskarwiksten wrote:I also took the liberty of adding you to the list of authors for the game, "English proofreading by Elyon" - hope that's OK with you. This way, your name will appear in the next release of the game.
Wow, it's an honor!
oskarwiksten wrote:However, I did not change the "saw someone skulking around" phrase. Even if I'm not a native English speaker, I still dare to claim that there's an English word called "skulk".
http://translate.google.com/#en|sv|skulk
Haha I learned a new word, "skulk". :D Sweeet.
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

Post by SirGrindsalot »

skulking means moving around in a shady manner
sulking means feeling sad
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

In remgard, when you talk to jhaled for the first quest one of the speech options is "sound good". Should be sounds good.
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

oskarwiksten wrote:Please review the changes above and make sure that they are corrected.
I reviewed and found one:

ailshara_interested_7|This way, the people could get back some of piece of the riches that Feygard has stolen from all of us. The word "of" should be removed. Makes it less clunky.
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

As of 8/10/12 I started a new build, and as usual, took notes on my observations, including the areas of grammar, spelling, and punctuation. So far I have covered the world with the exception of up the mountain to the settlements of Prim and Blackwater Mountain. Having stumbled upon this topic from which most of the new submissions for correction have been made, I decided to post here to help reduce multiple, or repeated submissions.

While I did notice that the majority of the submissions were quite necessary and/or beneficial, I also noticed a fair number of what I felt to be unnecessary ones that primarily addressed a different way of saying the same thing without any errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation. In these examples, sometimes what is being represented by a NPC is their individuality that sets them apart from appearing more scripted. Sometimes it may be dialect that is intended to establish a NPC as "different", or from "not being from around these here parts".

A good, basic set of guidelines to follow, would be to; look closely in the same course of dialog for additional potential corrections beyond the one that caught your eye, as often an error has others nearby. Look for consistencies, such as sentences beginning with And, Or, or But. As it is with most all of us, it's the little things, such as the inconsistencies of spelling Bonemeal with a capital B ninety-eight times out of 100, with the other two being spelled with a lower case b, or completely overlooking punctuation at the end of a character's sentence. These are just some of the more common examples you are likely to find.

Despite a few of the corrections that have been reported previously being ones that I had already addressed, this number is extremely few. Based on the number of entries supplied by Elyon, my list has been significantly reduced. Thanks for saving me the additional typing from my notes, as I'm still primarily working on my smartphone. A tip of the hat to you. :)

Here's my latest list:

When speaking with Tharal about Bonemeal, at one point the Hero says "Oh come on" (a period, or other punctuation should be placed at the end).

When speaking with Thoronir about the Shadow, later on the Hero asks "What can you tell me about bonemeal?" (the "b" in bonemeal should be capitalized, as found in other examples).

The statue of Elythara in Arcir's basement has an inscription with the "s" in shadow in lower case, rather than capitalized.

When speaking with Unnmir, he says "But then we stopped." (I would suggest the substitution of "Then, after a while, we stopped.").

Outside of The Foaming Flask, a NPC titled "Feygard patrol watch" says in response to your questioning "But standing guard on duty out here..." (Consider eliminating "But").

When speaking with Benbyr, and he's sharing his proposal with you, he says "...let's just say that our business was of the kind that it was be beneficial for us both..." (Consider replacing "be" with "mutually" and eliminating "for us both").

When speaking with "Pickpocket" in the Thieves' Guild Hall in Fallhaven, you have two responses after she says "No No. I wouldn't call it stealing. It's more of a transfer of ownership. To me, that is.", both of which should have some form of punctuation at the end.

When speaking with Farrik, he tells you about a Thieves' Guild member that was arrested and is being held in the jail there in Fallhaven. Later, he calls it a prison. Staying with the use of jail seems fitting.

When speaking with the Thieves' Guild cook, your response of "You look like the cook around here" lacks punctuation at the end, as does the 3rd, and three responses you can choose from after he answers you, and then again later, with your response of "I'm interested in buying some of that".

When speaking with the Warden in Fallhaven's jail, the Hero's 2nd response of "I heard that you are fond of mead" lacks punctuation at the end. Later, the Warden says "Oh sweet drinks of joy. But I really shouldn't have this while on duty." (Consider removing "But" and adding "though" after "duty" at the end of the sentence). When offering to pay the fine for the Warden, the 2nd of your three responses of "But you know you want the mead right?", should be changed to eliminate "But", possibly with "You know you want the mead, right?".

Upon reporting back to Farrik that you have completed your mission, he refers to the jail as prison again.

In general, I believe that there are multiple references to the "thieves guild", which should all be updated to the "Thieves' Guild", as it is an organization. References to this, as well as the use of "prison" instead of "jail", can be found in the quest log for "Night visit".

When listening to Unzel's side of the story, he explains "Vacor and I used to travel together. But he started to get obsessed with his spell making." (Consider replacing "together. But" with "together, but"). At the end of his story, he says "And here we are." (Consider changing "And" to "So,"). Unzel's 2nd statement after the Hero says "I killed the four bandits you sent after Vacor.", begins with "But". (Consider changing this to "However,"). Upon reporting back to Vacor, at one point he says "What? He told you his story? And you actually believed it?" (Consider changing "And you" to "You even").

When speaking with Minarra, as she is telling you about what she saw yesterday, upon your asking, in her 5th statement, her 2nd sentence begins with "But" (Consider changing this to "However,"). In her following statement, consider removing "But", and changing "are" to "were".

When speaking with Buceth concerning his observed activity at the town's well, one of your replies of "I would continue using the old ways in secret" has no punctuation at the end. At one point Buceth can reply "I am glad to hear that. But then, I had a feeling..." (Consider modifying this to "...that, but then I did have a feeling..."). Later Buceth explains "And that's where we stand now." (Consider removing "And", and changing this to "So, currently, that's where we stand now.").

When speaking with the "Flagstone sentry", as he tells you the story of Flagstone, at one point he says "And here we are." (Consider changing this to "So, here we are.").

When speaking with Narael, as he thanks you for freeing him, he says "But one day I wanted to quit..." (Consider changing this to "After a while, the day came when I wanted to quit..."). Two statements down, in his 2nd sentence, he says "But I have hardly any life left in me, I don't even..." (Consider eliminating "But", and adding "and" between "me," and "I don't even..."). In the following statement, consider making it one sentence with "...perish here, but now as a free...".

When speaking with Rogorn, after he replies to your "Why are they looking for you then?", in his 4th statement, 2nd sentence, he says "But I guess the guards..." (Consider replacing this with "Shortly thereafter, I guess the guards..."). Two statements following this states "But something must have..." (Consider replacing "But" with "However,").

When speaking with Minarra upon returning from finishing her quest, the 1st of your two reply options of "I am still looking for them" has no punctuation at the end. Later, after asking "Do you have anything to trade?", she says "I might. But you would have..." (Consider making this one sentence with "I might, but you would have..."). After asking about the problems in Loneford, Minarra's 6th statement, 2nd sentence, is "But to date, ..." (Consider changing this to "Currently, ...").

When speaking with Tinlyn, after asking him "What's the problem?", the beginning of his 2nd statement starts with "But" (Consider simply deleting "But"). Upon accepting the offer to help him, the Hero says "Absolutely, I would love to help an old man." (Perhaps offering the alternative of "Absolutely, it would be my honor to assist you in locating your missing sheep.", might eliminate the possible effect of the "creepy vibe", and seem potentially less offensive). Before and after "[You gained 4 items]" is the exact same sentence. (Consider deleting the 1st use). Upon the act of placing a bell on a sheep, the display of "Place Tinlyn's bells around the neck of the sheep" appears. (This statement should have punctuation at the end of it, as well as have "bells" changed to "bell", or replace all with "Place one of Tinlyn's bells around the neck of the sheep."). Upon confirmation of placing a bell, you see "(You place the bells around the neck of the sheep.)". (Consider changing "bells" to "bell"). Perhaps the entire substitution of "You have placed a bell around the neck of the sheep." would be better still.

Upon returning to Ulirfendor the 1st time, his statement of "Maybe the creature you encountered responds to that phrase if you speak to it? If you want to help, you could go try speak that phrase to it." (Consider changing "if you speak to it?" to "if you speak it, to it?", and "you could go try speak" to "you could go and try speaking"). In the 1st and 2nd response you can make, that follows "Sure, I will go speak the words to the creature." (Consider changing "speak the words" to "speak those words"), and then "Whatever, I'll do it. But I hope this is the last time that I have to run back and forth!" (Consider changing the beginning to "Whatever..., I'll do it, but I hope...").

Upon encountering Toszylae, since he or she has been made more personal by assigning a name, I was wondering if "he/his" or "she/her" should be assigned rather than "it/its", or whether gender should just be left a mystery and leave the descriptive text as is? However, at one point you read "Toszylae: (While chanting, it slowly lowers its hands towards you, until they finally point towards you.)" [Consider changing this to "(While chanting, it slowly lowers its hands towards you, until pointing directly at you.)". "Towards you", in the recommended example, could also be changed to "forward". It would just seem best to eliminate using "towards you" twice. Two lines down from this, you read "(As if having swallowed a thousand needles, you suddenly feel a sharp pain in your stomach)". A form of punctuation should be placed after "stomach" just for consistency. Replacing the statement with "(As if having swallowed a thousand needles, you are suddenly stricken with a cascading series of spikes of pain throughout your stomach.)" might help convey the severity of the affliction, rather than a plural description causing a singular pain.

Upon returning to Ulirfendor with a rotworm now inside you, he explains at one point, concerning the translation "And, the last part, that I made you speak to the creature,..." (Consider either deleting "And", or exchange it with "Additionally", or perhaps "Furthermore").

When speaking with Talion for help with the rotworm(s), at one point he says "Ah, my old friend Ulirfendor. It's good to hear that he is still alive. But what was that, rotworms you say, eh?" (Consider changing "But what was that, rotworms..." to "Wait! What was that? Rotworms..."). Later he says "But there is a slight problem." (Consider changing "But" to "However,"). Further on, upon offering to help gather the ingredients for your cure, Talion says "Or .. Well .. Actually, eight items in total but four different types. Eh .. Well, you get the idea." (A comma is needed after "total"). In his statement that follows, in the 1st sentence of "Anyway, what you need to bring me is first and foremost some more fresh bones." (A comma is needed after "is" and "foremost").

When Gauward is explaining the purpose of the building he occupies, he states "But nowadays, hardly anyone comes here - because of those cursed creatures from the river." (Consider either deleting "But" or replacing it with "However").

When returning to Talion with all of the ingredients for your cure, and he prepares it, you have the selectable response of "Drink the potion". "Potion" should have a period after it for consistency.

Upon dying and respawning in the last bed you rested in, the display of "You fall unconscious but fortunately wake up alive. You lost X experience." (The text font size should be increased, and include "...," between "unconscious" and "but"). Maybe "up alive" could be changed to "dazed and fatigued". We all wake up alive. I've never heard someone complain about waking up dead. :)
One of even fewer...
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thanks ctnbeh13 and Elyon. These changes are merged in the following commit:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/s ... 9917f50740
/Oskar
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Grävling wrote: ___________________________
Conversation with Rogorn:

R. Should you really be out here kid? These areas are dangerous.
You: I can handle myself.
R. I bet you do.

I bet you _can_ is what is natural in this case, not _do_.
I laughed when I saw this in game. I figured it was a joke.
You: I can handle myself.
R. I bet you do. Handle yourself. :lol:

Please don't correct! It is just too funny to remove.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.