v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Not bugs but typos...

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Duvalon
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Not bugs but typos...

Post by Duvalon »

Up until recently, we have been using special potions made of ground bones as healing. These potions are very potent healing potions, and were used for several purposes.
This paragraph reads like eating a mouthful of gravel.

Up until recently, we have been using special potions made of ground bones as healingmedicine. These potions arehave very potent healing potionseffects, and were used for several purposes.
Duvalon
VIP

Post by Duvalon »

I already have some of those potions with me that you can have
Missing period at the end.
Duvalon
VIP

Post by Duvalon »

He did? I guess you are not all that bad as I first thought.
He did? I guess you are not all thatas bad as I first thought.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Agreed. I changed them to:
He did? I guess you are not as bad as I first thought.
Up until recently, we have been using special potions made of ground bones for healing. These were very potent healing potions, and were used for several purposes.

If you find others could you please say which NPC they belong to. It would save me (the admittedly small) effort of searching for them :)
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Duvalon
VIP

Post by Duvalon »

Right. Sorry about that. I'm just doing some translation on my phone on weblate and didn't get to the content editor yet. I'll keep it in mind next time.

And thanks for the corrections.
Duvalon
VIP

Post by Duvalon »

Is there a reason why the English texts use two dots instead of three for ellipsis? It's causing some grief in weblate.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Well, it's not correct punctuation, and it's not done that way everywhere. For example, in conversationlist_ailshara.json, we have "Psst, hey. Interested in doing some trading? I am always looking for acquiring.. well, items of others..". However, in conversationlist_unzel2.json we have "Hmmm, yes... Let's see... (Unzel opens the sealed message and reads it)". So the only possible answers to your question are either "no", or "not a good one".

There is no find and replace tool in ATCS, so this is going to be a bit of a PITA to fix. I think the problem will always show as [.. ] or [.."] (i.e. it either ends a sentence and is followed by a space, or it ends the text string and is followed by "). There are 55 JSON files with at least one occurrence of [.. ] and 28 JSON files with at least one occurrence of [.."] (there are obviously not this many files that need fixing though, there are only 61 JSON files with any occurrence of .., and [... ] and [..."] are also showing up in my search). The only reasonable way to fix this is with a script that goes through all the conversationlist_*.json files and does a find and replace. I could write that script, but you said you were looking for a programming job :twisted:

Edit: the numbers I gave above are not quite correct. I am looking at the sources for this branch: https://github.com/Zukero/andors-trail/ ... ford_tests, but on my PC they have been modified. I already fixed a number of typos in the dialogues for the new material in this branch, and if there were any .. ellipses, I have already replaced them with ... ellipses.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
auroradormita
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by auroradormita »

Here's something that's phrased strangely that I don't think anyone's mentioned yet:
"Most of the time, we spend in the settlement or up here on the mountain."
Should be something like "We spend most of our time in..." or else "Most of the time, we stay in..."
I noticed this while doing some translating, so I'm not sure exactly who says it or where, but from the context I'm pretty sure it's someone from the Blackwater settlement.
auroradormita
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by auroradormita »

Ok, so we should not report these things because no one is likely to care?
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Please do report them. Some may not care, but I do. I don't have the time to sift through all the dialogues to track down these typos or weird bits of English, but I will fix the ones that are brought to my attention. I just changed this one to "We spend most of our time in the settlement up here on the mountain." (FYI, it's part of Harlenn's dialogue). Thanks for the heads up.